Transplant Financial Revenue Coordinator - Temple, TX
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
-The Transplant Financial Review Coordinator obtains medical
records as requested by patient's insurance company. - Meets with
patients and their families to discuss financial obligation, or
non-covered expenditures. - Verifies transplant coverage and other
medical benefits. - Determines the approval/denial of transplant
evaluation before authorization. - The essential functions of the
- Assures insurance companies review of patient cases in a timely
- Notifies Transplant Physicians, Coordinators and Billing
entities of patient's approval/denial status.
- Coordinates the referral and billing process for contract cases
by identifying patients and ensuring contract procedures are
followed. - Ensures billing information for contract patients is
communicated to the appropriate departments.
- Coordinates the request made by Insurance Representatives for
discounts in return for prompt payment and audit of charges.
- Negotiates specialty agreements (Memorandums of Understanding)
on specific transplant candidates for payment from companies
according to Managed Care guidelines.
- Acts as supervisor of the Transplant Financial Review Office in
the absence of the Manager. - Responds to emergency calls when
necessary.The ideal candidate for the Transplant Financial Review
Coordinator role has experience working with insurance companies,
transplant patients and transplant centers and is adept at
financial case management and 3rd party billing. The ideal
candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and
organizational skills. Experience in medical terminology,
insurance, contracts and pre-certification is a plus.
-Location/Facility - -Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple
-Specialty/Department/Practice -Trasplant Services -Shift/Schedule
- Days, 40 hours a week/ Full TimeBenefits - Our competitive
benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1 -*Note: Benefits may vary based
upon position type and/or level. - -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 8 years experience required
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Transplant Financial Revenue Coordinator - Temple, TX, Accounting, Auditing , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!