Controller Onsite in Temple, TX
Company: Vaco Technology
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Controller Onsite in Temple, TX About the Role:Controller is
responsible for leading the client's accounting department. This
hands-on position will assume responsibility for all aspects of
financial management, including accounting, regulatory and
financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as
develop and maintain internal control policies and procedures. In
addition, this position has direct supervisory responsibilities
within the Accounting department and will serve as a coach and
mentor for other positions within the
- Directs the activities of the client's accounting department
for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management
reports including, but not limited to, internal and external
monthly financial statements and annual audits.
- Oversees the activities of the disbursement department,
ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, petty
cash, employee expense reports, cash control, treasury, payroll
processing, fixed assets, and total payroll tax compliance.
- Oversees the activities of accounts receivable department to
ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts
receivable aging components including billings, reconciliations,
cash reports, quarter and year-end payroll closing including
federal and state reports, and check management.
- Performs all closings and issues thoroughly reviewed and
polished financial statements consistently on time.
- Ensures monthly sales tax compliance.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the
integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhances the
- Oversees the external audit process for Store inventory - both
fuel and retail.
- Manages cash flow analysis to ensure proper timing of cash
outputs and anticipated cash inputs.
- Oversees permits & licenses for stores.
- Oversees the Pricebook department including all rebate
- Project management for functional and multi-functional
initiatives impacting accounting such as leases, item level
inventory and EDI invoicing
- Works with outside auditors to complete year-end audits and
sales tax audits.
- Responsible for ensuring all balance sheet accounts are
- Fikes Foundation Accounting point of contact (only a few
- Assist with year-end consolidation reconciliation
- Annual and new store budget responsibility working with
operations to update the budget within the ERP
- CPA required
- 7+ years' experience in a fast-paced retail accounting
department; retail experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years' experience in a position equivalent to a Controller
or Assistant Controller in a large company managing account
- solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- experience with PDI Enterprise ERP STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Ability to analyse and interpret general business practices,
financial statements, and government regulations
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts,
and draw valid conclusions
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and
develop strong internal peer working relationships, strong
multi-tasking and time management skills
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment with
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Temple , Controller Onsite in Temple, TX, Accounting, Auditing , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!