Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball, Part Time
Company: Temple College
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Position Summary & Essential DutiesThe following duties,
responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's), and
physical requirements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. The information listed below is
not intended to be construed as a complete listing of all duties,
responsibilities, KSA's, and physical requirements required of this
position since changes to the position may occur at any time or
additional requirements that may be added over the course of
Under direct supervision of the Head Women's Basketball Coach, the
incumbent will perform, develop, coordinate, administer
professional and administrative services and assist the Head
Women's Basketball Coach with developing and administering a highly
competitive basketball program.Qualifications (Required and
Preferred)MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM
Two (2) years of directly related work experience coaching
basketball at the high school, college, professional, select
league, summer league or AAU levels. College or professional
playing experience may be considered.
NoneJob Duties and ResponsibilitiesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will:
- Assist the Head Women's Basketball Coach in managing and
directing the basketball program.
- Assist the Head Women's Basketball Coach with all aspects of
the team including daily, on-court practice, conditioning and
weight room workouts, game day competition, and scheduling of fall
and spring games.
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory by using related
software or spreadsheets and entering data required for basketball
equipment and uniforms.
- Assist the Head Women's Basketball Coach with the maintenance
of the gym and locker room.
- Coordinate travel arrangements by contacting a travel agency or
logging into the websites for hotels, transportation companies or
any other company associated with the travel industry and book
reservations for the Head Women's Basketball Coach and team.
- Organize and complete all required paperwork including but not
limited to Payment by Check Requests for officials and compliance
forms such as weekly time logs.
- Assist the administration with alumni relations and scholarship
- Assist the Head Women's Basketball Coach with recruiting
including calling prospective student-athletes, evaluating high
school and junior college players, and maintaining accurate records
and databases on the NCAA's Compliance Assistant program.
- Support and participate in the department's commitment to
- Work cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department,
attends department meetings and activities, and always represents
the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni,
high school and club coaches, media and general public.
- Complete other assigned administrative duties.
- Attend seminars, conferences and other professional development
- Coordinate facility needs of visiting teams.
- Collaborate with other entities on campus.
- Perform data entry as needed onto the athletics website.
- Be the contact person for setting up all volunteer work in the
community that the basketball team is involved in.
- Oversee the distribution, care and return of all basketball
equipment at all times during the season.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS REQUIRED OF POSITION:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written,
verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality,
respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest
- Be friendly and collegial with co-workers, faculty, students,
staff, and visitors to the campus.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity,
courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or
demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending
trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others
in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer
service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality. Keep work areas
in a clean and orderly manner.Knowledge Skills and Abilities &
Physical DemandsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide
administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide
direct training and supervision as needed.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of facilities and/or
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training
design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and
the assessment of training effects.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Knowledge of group communication and interaction
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security
operations for the protection of people, data, property, and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with
students and other involved parties.
- Skill in working effectively with a wide range of
constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill to implement new strategies and procedures or examine and
reengineer existing processes.
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the
- Ability to follow directives and being responsible for tasks
which have been assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and
prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an
understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for
the determination of procedures, solutions, and other
- Ability to apply budgeting and fiscal planning techniques
within financial constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively - orally, by phone, in
person, and in writing.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely
- Ability to represent the department and college in a friendly,
courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to serve as a role model for students by exhibiting
ethical and professional conduct.
Moderate physical activity is required with occasional lifting of
objects, carrying or dragging objects approximately 40 pounds.
Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors. Duties will require
travel in personal or College owned vehicle. Variances from regular
working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of
Schedule will vary due to departmental commitments and as needed by
the Head Women's Basketball Coach
HOURS REQUIRED PER WEEK:
Head Women's Basketball Coach, Athletic Director
TEMPLE COLLEGE BENEFITS To enhance the employment opportunity you
may be seeking, Temple College offers a competitive array of
benefit options to select from, some of which are fully paid for by
the college. Listed below is a summary of benefits currently
offered for full-time employees. Part-time employees are eligible
for specific benefits on a pro-rated basis. MEDICAL AND OPTIONAL
INSURANCE COVERAGE BENEFIT OPTIONS The Medical and optional
insurance coverage benefit options listed below are offered through
Temple College by the Employees Retirement System (ERS) of Texas.
Please visit ERS at https://www.ers.texas.gov/ for further
Eligible full-time employees can choose from the following medical
programs which begin the first day of the month following the 60th
day of employment:
- HealthSelect of Texas "Blue Cross Blue Shield" (PPO)
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect "Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA)
Medical plans include prescription coverage. Employee medical
coverage monthly premiums are fully paid for by the college and the
college pays for one-half (1/2) of the cost of dependent care
coverage monthly premiums.
- OPTIONAL BENEFITS:Dental (PPO and HMO), Vision, Optional Term
Life Insurance, Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment,
Dependent Term Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability,
Texa$aver (457 plan), TexFlex-Health and Dependent Care
Reimbursement.Optional benefits are employee paid but are offered
at very competitive rates.ANNUAL AND SICK LEAVE ACCRUALS
- ANNUAL LEAVE ACCRUALS: Regular, full-time twelve (12) month
faculty and staff accrue Annual Leave as follows:
- Years of Service: 0 through 5
- Accrual Rate (Maximum Accrual Hours per Month) = 8
- Accrual Rate (Maximum Accrual Hours per Year) = 96
- Years of Service: 6 through 10
- Accrual Rate (Maximum Accrual Hours per Month) =10
- Accrual Rate (Maximum Accrual Hours per Year) =120
- Years of Service: 10 plus years
- Accrual Rate (Maximum Accrual Hours per Month) =12
- Accrual Rate (Maximum Accrual Hours per Year) =144 Annual leave
may be accrued up to a limit of 240 hours with special provisions
allowing for annual accruals above that limit. Faculty with
contracts less than 12 months do not accrue Annual Leave but are
provided with 20 hours of personal time per fiscal year.
- SICK LEAVE ACCRUALS:Faculty and Administrative Staff: Accruals
of 8 hours per month. Sick Leave may be accrued up to a limit of
1040 total hours. Faculty with contracts less than 12 months will
receive accruals during the summer semester if they instruct during
that time.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- HOLIDAYS: Recognized college holidays, in addition to Annual
and Sick leave accruals, include Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break,
Winter Break, Martin Luther King Day, Spring Break, Good Friday,
Memorial Day and Independence Day.
- PAYROLL: Employees are paid by direct deposit through the last
working day of the month. Actual deposits are paid on the last
working business day of the month. All benefit deductions are taken
at that time.
- RETIREMENT: Temple College is one of the few community colleges
in the state of Texas to be permitted Federal Social Security
deductions. Temple College is a Section 218 employer. All regular
employees are mandated by the Texas State Legislature to enroll in
either the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) or the Optional
Retirement Program (ORP) however, ORP participation is based upon
position. All faculty members are eligible to participate in either
TRS or ORP. A list of ORP providers is available. Please visit TRS
at https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/Homepage.aspx for further
- Member: Teacher Retirement System (TRS) = 8.0% of annual
- Employer: Teacher Retirement System (TRS) = 7.75% of member's
- Member: Optional Retirement Program (ORP) = 6.65 % of annual
- Employer: Optional Retirement Program (ORP) = 6.6% of annual
salary Tax Sheltered Annuities (TSAs) also known as Tax Deferred
Annuities (TDAs) are available to all employees who are eligible to
participate in the TRS/ORP retirement program and who wish to
participate in this program. This participation is voluntary and
contributions are made from the employee's salary. A list of
providers is available.
- MISCELLANEOUS LEAVE: Family and Medical Leave (FMLA), Jury
Duty, Bereavement, Deteriorating weather, and Military
- WORKERS COMPENSATION: If an employee is injured on the job,
Temple College, through its Worker Compensation Program, pays all
authorized hospital, nursing, and physician's fees. Additional
benefits may be available.
- HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Regular Schedule:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Summer Schedule:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Keywords: Temple College, Temple , Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball, Part Time, Education / Teaching , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!