Elementary Teachers - Temple Charter Academy
Company: Priority Charter Schools
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are a small charter school with grades Pre-K through 12th
grade. We are a very supportive, extended family of educators. We
are looking for a person that thrives in the classroom and with
students, who is flexible and willing to learn.
Candidate is responsible for planning, organizing, and presenting
activities contributing to educational, social, and physical
development of students to enhance their self-worth and equip them
with the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to function
in society. Considerable judgment, tact, patience, sensitivity, and
flexibility are required to deal with students from varied
socioeconomic backgrounds and learning styles. This position
requires creativity and adaptive thinking to match teaching
objectives, learning strategies, and instructional plans with
Bachelor's Degree (required)
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate or enrolled in a TEA-approved
alternative certification program (preferred)
*Skill Requirements: *
- This position requires the ability to apply knowledge of current
education and instructional theories, methodologies, techniques,
and principles, knowledge of subject matter, and knowledge of
State, Local, and Federal laws and regulations affecting the lives
and education of students.
- This position requires an understanding of child and adolescent
development. Incumbent must have the skills to manage student
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively using
a variety of media, work with others as a team, organize and
maintain records, manage time and resources effectively and
efficiently, and evaluate performance and provide constructive
*Performance Responsibilities: *
- Provide instruction to a class, individual students, or groups of
students using such methods as oral presentation, demonstration,
discussion of homework assignments, answering questions, offering
laboratory directions, and games.
- Plan lessons, including activities such as preparing learning
objectives and goals, designing tests or exams, studying material,
setting up labs, and preparing exams .
- Facilitate learning in the classroom (e.g., maintain discipline;
encourage participation; consult with parents, school staff, and
other care providers to identify and address social or
- Evaluate student performance.
- Maintain records and document student progress (e.g., record
grades and absences, provide progress reports.)
- Perform all duties pertaining to area of expertise as required
(e.g., early childhood, language, music, physical education,
vocational training, safety, and career education.)
- Maintain contact with parents in regard to student performance
through activities such as parent-teacher conferences, progress
reports, letters, and special meetings.
- Maintain professional development through such activities as
classes, conferences, seminars, workshops, and professional
journals; provide technical guidance to less experienced
- Perform various administrative activities (e.g., attend faculty
and staff meetings, order equipment and supplies, copy materials,
create bulletin boards, take attendance, obtain permission slips,
and coordinate department activities.)
- Prepare lesson materials, supplies, and equipment (e.g., copy
materials, set up audio visual equipment, arrange lab
- Monitor student behavior both inside and outside the classroom
(e.g., during class, in hallways between classes, and during
assemblies, extracurricular activity meetings or events, fire
drills, or other group activities.)
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and
- Articulate the district's mission and goals to the community and
solicit its' support in realizing the school's mission.
- Salary (district salary schedule plus stipends for extra
- Health Insurance, including major medical, dental, vision, and
- TRS retirement pension benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,220.00 - $60,122.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* If you do not have a valid Texas teacher certificate, are you
enrolled in an alternative teaching program?
* If you are enrolled in an alternative teaching program, what is
the name of the alternative teaching program?
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
* Texas Teacher certificate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Priority Charter Schools, Temple , Elementary Teachers - Temple Charter Academy, Education / Teaching , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!