Core Network Engineer
Posted on: June 14, 2019
What you'll be doing... The successful candidate will join the Core
Network Engineering team with responsibilities in the Pacific and
North Central Markets. The candidate will assume engineering
responsibilities for one or more COINs and work closely with the
Capacity Planning, Design and Operations teams to implement our
strategic technology goals and transition to the eNSE platform. The
candidate will work to create an environment of teamwork and
cooperation with all stakeholders including; territories, edge,
design and ME. Be visible and lead by example.The candidate will
work to support Verizon's strategic technology goals including the
ongoing migration of core elements to eNSE and the onboarding of
VCP tenants. The candidate will work collaboratively with existing
team members to meet team goals.
- Project oversight and ownership.
- Overseeing network builds from procurement to "In
- Interaction with design and architecture teams developing
- Developing network configurations from design models and
- Work with peer teams to ensure new networks are built and
migrated to meet KPI's.
- Work on engineering and deploying directional networks for
Intelligent Edge, including but not limited to: SAP ENSE Fabric,
Access ENSE fabric, ISP, NNI and Core connectivity.
- Building networks for interconnection to VCP platforms for
growth, capacity and expansion.
- Working with underlay and overlay controllers for network
creation, network modeling, and network deployments. Leveraging
plugins for network deployments across multiple virtualized OS
- Engineering network solutions with a strong interaction with
PNF and VNF applications teams.
- Network Engineering and IP Edge Engineering functions
- Responsible for Engineering IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks What
we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience. Even better if
- A degree.
- Experience with IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks and strong
knowledge of MPLS.
- Experience with virtualization of networks/servers.
- Worked with Pronghorn or Itential automation tools.
- Ability to work independently and assist peers to complete
- Ability to understand end to end call flows for deploying
- Knowledge of Network Engineering IP Edge Engineering
- CCNA or other networking certifications. When you join
Verizon... You'll be doing work that matters alongside other
talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things
connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most
reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and
security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such
as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us
Keywords: Verizon, Temple , Core Network Engineer, Engineering , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!