Company: Elmcroft Senior Living
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Company: Eclipse Senior Living Position: Activities
DirectorDepartment: Community LeadershipReq #: 4982877Apply nowDate
posted: January 25, 2021Location: 3002 Jack Rabbit Road, Eclipse
Senior Living Location #2015
Temple, TX, 76502, USJob category: Community LeadershipWe are
looking for a Healthy Lifestyles Director that is willing to
enteract with residents daily, lead activities and create a
enviroment of fun and excitement for our residents.Position
SummaryCoordinates all activities for residents of community to
ensure they have an enjoyable and stimulating quality living
experience through exercise and leisure time activities.
Coordinates and communicates the Elmcroft Healthy Lifestyles
wellness program and Employee Assistance Program for
Associates.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesDirectly supervises
volunteers for Elmcroft, and indirectly supervises persons assigned
to activities during evening and/or weekend hours.Essential
- Meets Elmcroft Standards established for the Activities
- Plans a varied monthly activity calendar with at least 5
activities per day (6 activities per day for excellent performance)
addressing male and female, active and passive, inhouse and outside
activities. Additionally, the activities should address the
preferences of the residents.
- Arranges for appropriate spiritual activities both in and
outside of the community as reflected by resident preferences.
- Posts a community calendar monthly according to Elmcroft
- Encourages all residents to participate in some or all of
activities. Maintains record of resident attendance.
- Drives the community vehicle to transport residents on trips
outside Elmcroft for shopping, entertainment, education, and/or to
obtain medical or dental services, as assigned.
- Records activity participation upon completion of each activity
- Participates in the planning and coordination of Family
- Works with the Community Relations Director in planning and
assisting with all community programs which involve
- Arranges for a variety of entertainment to be brought to the
community for the entertainment of the residents.
- Arranges for a variety of exercise opportunities suitable for
the elderly population to enhance residents' mobility, strength,
bone mass, and social interaction.
- Oversee the Care Connect program in conjunction with the
Community Relations Director to ensure each new resident makes a
happy, healthy transition to the community.
- Participation in and fulfillment of at least one Second Wind
Dream wish per month, each dream should be recorded in
- Prepares or directs preparation of a monthly community
newsletter in order to inform residents, families, prospects, and
referral sources of major events at the community.
- Attends Resident Council Meetings and takes minutes in order to
record all suggestions or concerns of the residents.
- Communicates with other department heads and staff in order to
gain necessary participation in activities as necessary.
- Performs activity assessments on all new residents and
reassesses each year for all residents in order to understand
resident abilities and preferences.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to assist with activities in the
- Support Elmcroft Associate health and wellness initiatives by
coordinating the annual health fair with screenings for blood
pressure, glucose, cholesterol, etc.
- Encourage healthy active lifestyles by communicating the Annual
Health and Wellness Communication Plan by conducting monthly
activities related to each month's health subject.
- Manages expenses within given budget parameters utilizing
- Keeps sufficient activity program and craft supplies on hand
for in-house entertainment.
- Participates on weekends in the Manager on Duty program as
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster
policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program
policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal
regulatory training as required.
- Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the
success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or
university, or one to three years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Licenses: Assisted Living Activities certification, if required
- Must be in possession of, or have the ability to obtain, a
valid state driver's license.
- Travel may be required as needed.
Keywords: Elmcroft Senior Living, Temple , Activities Director, Executive , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!