Director of Nursing Pediatrics
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Reporting to the VP of Patient Care, the Director of Nursing
manages the 48-bed Medical Surgical floor, 16-bed Pediatric ICU,
and 20-bed Emergency Department at Baylor Scott & White McLane
Children's Medical Center in Temple, Texas. The Director of Nursing
has responsibility for planning, selecting, and/or devising
methods, policies and procedures for Managers and Staff employees
to accomplish designated goals. Negotiate interdepartmental
resources, communicates and plans with various cross-functional
departments to ensure effective level of service to Nursing
- Oversee the operational, personnel and fiscal management of
assigned areas of responsibility with an emphasis on high quality,
cost effective patient care.
- Monitor daily productivity, addressing variance from established
standards and adjust staffing to maintain established productive
- Establish annual unit-specific quality improvement goals, conduct
monitoring, analysis, process changes, reporting and re-evaluation
of prepared goals to Nursing Quality Council and Clinic Quality
- Investigate adverse events, review data and findings, assessing
for trends, acting on self-remediation needs and identify
opportunities for development.
- Collaborate with non-nursing departments to establish processes
and address issues which enhance the provision of patient care and
- Conduct and participate in daily rounds to identify immediate
needs, monthly patient room rounds, monthly Environment of Care
Rounds, Tracers, and Patient Safety Rounds, and acts on findings in
a timely manner.
- Establish opportunities to acquire input, to include unit monthly
Action Unit Committees, input at staff meetings and other creative
- Comply with requirements of regulatory, licensing, and
- Design measurements and tools to evaluate achievement and
- Identify and clearly communicate communication gaps in staff
knowledge and/or competency.
- Directs the effective management of financial, informational and
personnel resources to ensure efficient operations and continuity
Location/Facility – McLane Childrens Hospital, Baylor Scott &
For more information on the facility, please click our link.
Specialty/Department/Practice – Pediatrics: ED, PICU and MSU
Shift/Schedule – Day Shift
Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one
of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a
track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion
for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nations exemplary
health care organizations. Our is to serve all people by providing
personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education
and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team
is not just accepting a job, it is accepting a calling!
- Masters Degree
- 5+ years of experience
- RN License
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Director of Nursing Pediatrics, Executive , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!