Company: McLane Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Accounting Manager is accountable for the integrity of
financial reporting, internal control environment, and closing
transaction cycle.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL
ACCOUNTABILITIES:Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this
position must have the ability to:
- Manage and develop several professionals.
- Manage monthly accounting, reporting, and analysis for the
corporate sector line of business.
- Understand and manage related balance sheets.
- Analyze and reconcile monthly expenses to estimates.
- Manage the monthly account reconciliation and substantiation
- Maintain strong relationships and support of corporate
controllers, finance partners, line of business controllers and
- Communicate and support constituents on corporate sector line
of business related matters, analytics, and projects.
- Create ad hoc queries related to accounting, regulatory, or tax
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, Control Self-assessment, and other
internal control documentation standards.
- Support internal and external audit activities and
- Understand US GAAP and firm policies compliance.
- Provide merger and acquisition support.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
AND REQUIREMENTS:A teammate in this position must:
- Have a minimum 5 years of financial accounting, reporting,
internal control related experience.
- Have Baccalaureate Degree Accounting required. Masters degree
and/or CPA preferred.
- Have excellent financial reporting experience required.
- Have an understanding of internal controls.
- Have month-end close experience (journal entry, reconciliation,
reporting & analysis).
- Possess strong project management and broad interdisciplinary
- Have exceptional accounting, analytical, problem solving, and
process improvement skills.
- Have mature presence, excellent communication and interpersonal
- Be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment, with
- Have strong leadership and work ethic - "do what it takes"
- Be adaptable and flexible to changing work environments.
- Have an aptitude and capacity for rapid comprehension and
application of technical accounting.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Be a self-starter, proactive, intuitive, ability to
independently achieve goals and objectives.
- Have a strong system understanding and proficiency (SAP,
Hyperion, Microsoft products).WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office environment.Candidates may be subject to a background
check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: McLane Company, Temple , MANAGER, ACCOUNTING, Executive , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!