Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Revol Greens MN, LLC
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Title:Food Safety & Quality Assurance ManagerReports
to:Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance Department:Food
SafetyCorporate:No Location:AllTravel Required:No
FLSAExemptPosition Type:Full-time SegmentationOnsiteSupervisory:Yes
Revol Greens: Revolutionizing Fresh Since 2017Founded in 2017,
Revol Greens has quickly grown to the largest greenhouse lettuce
producer in the US. With locations in Minnesota, California,
Georgia, and Texas (coming 2022), Revol Greens harvests and
delivers local lettuce and greens within 24 hours of harvest,
resulting in the freshest taste and peak nutrition value. With an
experienced growing team and state-of the-art greenhouses, Revol
Greens is paving the way to a more sustainable future.Job
DescriptionSummary of Position:The Food Safety & Quality Assurance
Manager at Revol Greens is responsible for developing,
implementing, and maintaining the Food Safety & Quality assurance
(FSQA) program at the designated facilities. This position will
oversee FSQA and sanitation teams for all aspects of the product,
including the packaging and labeling.Essential Functions &
- Maintain food safety operational requirements, policies, and
procedures in accordance with Good Agricultural Practice (GAP),
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), FSMA and regulatory
- Be able to independently plan, manage and execute external and
internal audits, customer audits, organic compliance audits and
food safety audits.
- Manage supervisors, team members and QA qualified individuals
and their duties to comply with company standard operating policies
on food safety, QA and sanitation.
- Write and implement SOPs to standardize food safety and quality
expectations and processes.
- Implement corrective actions, conduct incidental non-conformity
investigations, root cause analyses and reviews.
- Develop, implement, and manage processes to ensure that
products meet required specifications for quality, function, and
reliability prior to delivery.
- Ensure daily Sanitation and Food Safety Quality Assurance
(FSQA) checks being conducted, ensure Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Preventive Control Standards are
strictly enforced throughout facility and greenhouses.
- Communicates food safety and quality standards and parameters
to operations, transportation, and other appropriate staff.
- Manage food safety record keeping and documentation
- Conduct food safety and GMP trainings to new and existing
employees and drive improvement in facility wide food safety
- Coordinate product sampling, testing by third party lab and
documentation of test results. Maintain confidentiality on all
aspects of company records
- Performs spot checks to validate processes and audit for
potential issues such as incorrect dated labels or improper
- Reviews client, customer, and user feedback.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and
organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Performs other duties as assignedKnowledge, Skills, &
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to lead and motivate others
- Knowledge of OSHA, HACCP, and GMPEducation and Experience:
- Associates or bachelor's degree in biology, Food Science,
Microbiology, or other related field, or equivalent number of years
- 2-3 years of Food Safety or Quality Assurance experience,
preferably in a greenhouse facility
- 1 year of experience as a manager or supervisorSupervisory:
- This position is directly responsible for supervising the FSQA
and sanitation employeesWork Environment:Greenhouse, 20%
- The temperatures in the greenhouse vary depending on the
- Climate can range from hot and humid to cold depending on the
location and time of year
- PPE must be worn at all timesPackhouse, 20%
- The temperatures in the packhouse are between 34-38 - F to
preserve product quality
- PPE must be worn at all timesOffice, 60%
- Sitting at a desk and/or starring at a computer screen for
extended periods of timePhysical Requirements:
- Occasionally ascending or descending ladders, stairs,
scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
- Occasionally moving self in different positions to accomplish
tasks in various environments including tight and confined
- Constantly remaining in a stationary position, often standing
or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Constantly moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one
worksite to another.
- Occasionally adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all
- Constantly communicating with others to exchange
- Occasionally repeating motions that may include the wrists,
hands and/or fingers.Benefits:
- PTO & Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- $10,000 company paid Life Insurance Policy
- STD & LTD (please expand STD & LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k plan with 4% company-match after 6 months of employment
Keywords: Revol Greens MN, LLC, Temple , Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!