Strategy Development Director
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Lead the development of McLane's overall organizational strategy
and ventures. Guide and develop strategies focused on innovation
and growth. Work with McLane leadership to define, evaluate, and
plan a long-term enterprise strategy with the guidance of the Chief
Strategy Officer. Establish and enable the organization's goal of
being an agile, innovative, and unified supply chain partner that
delivers a superior customer experience and improves the lives of
our teammates and community, while producing best-in-class
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Serves as an advisor to the Chief Strategy Officer and
executive business unit leaders, helping develop the company's
strategies and M&A opportunities.
- Leads cross-functional planning and development of business
strategies the drive multi-year financial planning and budgeting
- Oversees and provides direction to multi-disciplinary teams in
development of McLane's strategy, strategic roadmaps, and business
- Analyzes industry and market trends, competitors, growth
opportunities and performance, market research, competitive
analysis, company diligence, business improvement plans.
- Oversees end to end approach for development and execution of
strategic planning process in partnership with Chief Strategy
Officer and other senior business leaders.
- Defines and measures objectives and success metrics; evaluates
ROI of long-term initiatives and business opportunities.
- Assembles and delivers ongoing communication to key
stakeholders at all levels around the strategic initiatives.
- Provides critical thinking and influence by helping to link the
company's strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan.
Provides guidance and counsel in development of long-range plans
involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans,
timelines, and financial outcomes.
- Engages business unit leaders regarding requirements to deliver
on strategies and partner to shape initial scope for change
- Drives end to end implementation of change programs across
applicable disciplines (program management, process improvement,
and change management).
- Resolves conflicts by making decisions or negotiating with
affected executive management.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open
communication, training and development opportunities and
performance management processes; builds and maintains employee
morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed
with required competencies.
- Lead the development of operating models, structures,
mechanisms, and processes that drive the effective execution of the
enterprise strategy in a time of significant integration,
transformation, and uncertain market conditions.
- Understands and drives insights into the organization regarding
strategic initiatives through data analytics.
- Enables the adoption of a lean and agile work culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's degree, Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years' experience in business strategy/roadmap creation and
- 7 or more years' experience leading, developing, implementing,
and analyzing executive projects.
- Experience collaborating with executive teams to develop,
define and implement enterprise strategies required.
- Experience evaluating potential acquisitions, partnerships,
ventures for strategic alignment and financial success
- Solid understanding of Sales, Operations, Supply Chain,
Distribution, Transportation, and Business Development in
- Ability to understand, interpret, and analyze financial
statements and key P&L metrics.
- Strong Business Acumen: Possess knowledge of how organizations
operate and standard business processes.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and
- Critical thinking and ability to influence required.
- Office environment
- Travel of less than 15% will be required.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran. Associated topics: distribution, inventory,
meat, plastics, provider, purchase, raw material, subcontract,
Keywords: McLane Company, Temple , Strategy Development Director, Executive , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...