Project Management Specialist
Posted on: June 4, 2019
What you'll be doing... As a Cyber Security Project Manager with
Verizon Managed Security Services (MSS), you will be part of a
growing team dedicated to delivering new services to our extensive
list of Fortune 1000 business clients globally. Following a PMI
framework, your responsibilities will extend across all process
groups and through each of the knowledge areas. Focus on quality,
efficiency, communications and scope management will be key success
factors in this role. Responsibilities: General Project Management:
- Develop and maintain project schedules and calendars with the
input from transition leads (if applicable) and other
- Facilitate project meetings, providing meeting minutes and
action items where needed.
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders
in various departments.
- Track tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other
- Interface with internal/external stakeholders on a regular
- Prepare and document Day 1/Day 2 support documentation and
- Oversee and drive establishment of SLA/OLA agreements. MSS
- Accountable for managing all relevant project milestones to
implement and onboard customers to Verizon's cyber-security
products and solutions.
- Manage complex projects in a matrix environment.
- Be the Single Point of Contact ("SPOC") and advocate for the
Customer within Verizon.
- Provide recommendations to Product Management and Development
teams for service improvements.
- Provide training and education to internal Verizon teams,
including SOC and engineering, on Customer contracts, SLAs, and
specific network anomalies, to allow for operational support.
- Provide a consultative approach by performing continuous
service analysis, gap analysis and service improvement plans as
- Identify areas to develop service improvements and revenue
enhancements. What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel. Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Four or more years' Project Management experience with
deploying and delivering complex solutions.
- Four or more years of experience in Managed Security Services
deployment, including premise base security appliance, Firewall,
IPS/IDS, Security analytics or related services.
- Broad Verizon product experience.
- Leadership skills & capabilities and organizational
- Ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and
- Supplier Management and Enterprise Client experience and should
also have financial business acumen.
- Excellent with verbal & written communications.
- Excellent in Microsoft Office product suite, including
PowerPoint, Excel & Word. When you join Verizon... You'll be doing
work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the
way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond
powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading
the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of
Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of
course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about
more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own
path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or
numbers, find your future at Verizon. Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Temple , Project Management Specialist, Executive , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!