Nurse Practitioner Inpatient Cardiology
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Provides patient medical care by assessing, diagnosing,
treating, and evaluating responses to treatment in a variety of
illnesses, infections, and injuries in accordance with the Texas
Board of Nursing APRN Scope of Practice and federal requirements
and guidelines. Provides education and counseling to promote health
wellness and facilitate disease prevention.
What is Expected (Essential Job Functions)
1. Assesses the physical condition of patients by performing and
obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical examinations
and medical histories.
2. Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other
diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care
3. Prescribes, recommends, and/or employs medical drug therapies or
other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures in
accordance with approved protocols/policy and with attention to
efficacy, safety, and cost. Recommends interventions to modify
behavior associated with health risks.
4. Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient
care plans based on patient assessments, scientific rationale,
standards of care, and professional practice guidelines. Evaluates
the patient's response to the health care provided and the
effectiveness of care.
5. Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes,
management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition,
and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and
possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as
food supplements, over-the-counter medications, and herbal
6. Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient's treatment
plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when
the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose
and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include
symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions,
and preventive health-care measures.
2. Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis,
treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental
3. Verbal and written communication skills.
4. Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
5. Skill in the use of computers and related software
6. Interpersonal and customer service skills.
7. Ability to develop and implement comprehensive outcomes-based
patient care plans.
8. Ability to counsel patients concerning medical conditions,
treatment plans, and behavior modification.
Location/Facility Baylor Scott & White Temple - Inpatient
For more information on the facility, please click our link.
Shift/Schedule Full Time - Shift position
Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Nurse Practitioner Inpatient Cardiology, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!