NPD Specialist RN ICU
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Nursing Professional Development Specialist (NPD) RN develops
tools, theories, skills and knowledge to advance the practice of
the Nursing Professional Development (NPD) specialty, functioning
autonomously and in collaboration with staff, leadership, faculty
and researchers to develop, implement and evaluate professional
development programs that influence professional role competence,
continuous learning and growth. Promote synergistic practices and
patient outcomes throughout the organization, advances and leads
NPD practice based on the Organization's Professional Practice
Model, and in accordance with Association Nursing Professional
Development Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Development
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Analyzes issues and forecasts trends to determine the learning
needs of individuals, service lines and organizations, using a
* Validates, prioritizes and documents evidence of professional
practice gaps and outcomes in a manner that facilitates the
educational planning process.
* Designs, implements and evaluates high quality, culturally
sensitive and frequently complex educational activities, programs
or projects for staff at all stages of their career development
based on identified knowledge and practice gaps, using relevant
evidence, theory, research, innovative process and practical
experiences. Analyzes cost and anticipated return on investment for
learning activities, programs or projects.
* Engages stakeholders and resources in the planning and
implementation stages of lifelong learning activities for
individuals or groups of learners. Measures program outcomes in
terms of learning change, impact and professional role competency
and revises future outcomes based on trends, evidence, and changes
in stakeholder expectations.
* Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices in
collaboration with others to ensure that nursing and the
organization's goals and mission are in alignment. Develops and
applies appropriate measurement tools in quality improvement
* Participates in and assists others in professional role
development, practice role transitions and succession planning.
Collaborates with Community Education programs to facilitate,
coordinate and maintain effective allied health and nursing
education programs. Systematically enhances the quality and
effectiveness of professional development practice and role
transitions. Applies the educational process by selecting education
content, materials, and techniques that can appeal to a diverse
target audience in a positive learning environment.
* Serves as an influential leader in interprofessional learning,
professional growth, and practice change throughout the
* Acts as a champion of scientific inquiry, generating new
knowledge and integrating best available evidence into practice.
Conducts, encourages, facilitates and participates in research,
(Enterprise Resource Planning) EBP, and (Quality Improvement) QI,
including dissemination of findings locally and nationally.
* Integrates ethics by analyzing factors related to privacy,
security, and confidentiality in the use and handling of records
related to educational programs.
* KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care standards
* Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and
guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and
department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures
governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of
* Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
* Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and patient
* Ability to effectively use a variety of teaching methods.
* Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
* Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
* Teach, coach and mentor others in program planning and
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* - EDUCATION - Masters'
* - EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
* - CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , NPD Specialist RN ICU, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!