Director Clinic Operations - McLane Children's
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Director of Clinic Operations - McLane Children's coordinates
all the operations and practice management activities for assigned
physician practices. This position develops and implements plans
for revenue enhancement and cost containment opportunities for all
clinic practices. Prepares financial and administrative reports to
aid in the management of clinic practices. Provides strategic
direction for the business management of practices, including
establishing and monitoring multi-year business plans, setting and
monitoring unit goals, managing the internal and external
reputation of the clinics supervised, and building business
capability and profitability. Has responsibility for managing
staff, budget, physician relations, facilities resourcing,
compliance activities, operations planning, process improvement and
inter-department relations; public relations, and establishing and
executing mid-range and long term plans. This position covers the
central texas geographic area and will be required to travel as
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Manages the activities of multiple practices in potentially
geographically diverse locations to ensure efficient office
* Develops, reviews, revises, submits, and/or implements local
policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for clinic
* Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels and
recommends termination of assigned employees.
* Develops practice operations budget and ensures practices are
operating within budget targets.
* May develop and manage vendor relationships and/or negotiate
vendor pricing within system policy.
* Creates and implements plans to ensure practice's objectives are
met by coordinating communication between departments and the
* Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to maintain regulatory
standards and/or to develop new clinic sites and programs including
design, construction, office set-up and budget development.
* Serves as a liaison between clinic and local Hospital
Administration in achieving strategic alignment.
* Responsible for driving practice growth including recruitment,
training and onboarding of physicians and advanced
* Displays high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and
decision making to achieve organizational objectives.
* Provides oversight for management of clinic operations staff,
organizing resources and assigning work to maximize goals for
patient care and service delivery.
* Provides last intervention point for resolution of patient and
* KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Master's degree required or equivalent experience plus five years
of supervisory experience.
* Experience working with physicians and other providers is
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to
handle difficult people and difficult situations.
* Knowledge and experience with the principles and practical
applications of healthcare executive management. Includes superior
knowledge of spreadsheets, financial statements and decision-making
* Experience in staff development required.
* Excellent written and oral skills are required.
* Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, basic keyboard and
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Masters or Equivalent Exp
* EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Director Clinic Operations - McLane Children's, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!