Lab Tech 2
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Lab Tech 2 receives and/or processes specimens,
performs clerical checks and support functions. May perform
phlebotomy.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Conducts routine laboratory procedures where the range of
possible errors is limited.
- Sorts, labels and records patient specimens. Set up specimen,
material and equipment in preparation for Medical Technologist to
- Operates centrifuge, simplex timers, cell washer and other
Laboratory equipment in completing assigned duties.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships
with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external
- Participates in laboratory projects and educational
activities.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Phlebotomy skill for all age groups.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.BENEFITSOur competitive
benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Lab Tech 2, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!