Trauma Registrar RN
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center TempleMonday - Friday 8-5JOB
The Trauma Registrar Registered Nurse (RN), in collaboration with
Trauma program leadership, develops and assures the quality and
accuracy of the trauma registry database. Identifies cases,
abstracts and maintains the trauma registry database according to
existing regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Analyzes and abstracts detailed clinical and administrative
data from the medical record to meet hospital, accreditation and
regulatory agency requirements.
- Initiates and performs required follow up activities to assist
in improving clinical outcomes.
- Conducts and presents trauma registry reports. Responds to
request for information utilizing available trauma related database
- Collects trauma data for injury research and prevention, as
well as quality improvement tracking. Assures accuracy and
confidentiality in the handling of all trauma registry related
- Runs reports and analyzes data to promote process improvements
and optimum patient care. Consults with physicians or other
clinical staff as needed for the assistance with acquiring trauma
case reporting information.
- Reports and transmits hospital data in a timely and complete
manner as required to relevant reporting agencies.
- Works closely with trauma leadership, hospital staff members,
and physicians to maintain trauma designation status.
- Participates in Trauma Performance Improvement Program
including data analysis, medical record extrapolation, and data
entry for the trauma registry.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Knowledge in Trauma Registry methodology, case abstracting, and
- Knowledge of data integrity and analysis.
- Knowledge of International Classification of Diseases (ICD 9
and ICD 10) coding, Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and Injury
Severity Score (ISS) scoring.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and make
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
EXPERIENCE: 3 Years of Experience
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Abbr. Injury Scale (AAAM AIS): AIS within 12 months.
- ICD10 Coding Certificate (ICD): ICD course within 12
- Trauma Data Registry Course (TDRC): TDRC withinin 12
- Cert Abbrev Injury Scale Spec (CAISS), Certified Trauma
Registries (CSTR): CSTR or CAISS within 36 months.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Trauma Registrar RN, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!