Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Emergency Medical Tech - Basic administers
efficient, rapid, quality care and transport to critically ill or
injured patients in a dynamic and demanding environment.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides critical care interventions and patient transport, in
an independent capacity, to provide quality care to a varied
patient population. Operates ambulance in a safe and appropriate
manner at all times.
- Performs patient assessments and evaluations effectively and
promptly and institutes treatment plans that are prioritized
appropriately and are within the scope of care guidelines as set
forth by the Texas Department of Health Services (TDHS).
- Evaluates the status of patients to monitor the effectiveness
of interventions, and revises treatment plans promptly and
effectively as necessary according to the changing needs of
- Responds quickly to patients' request for assistance with
personal hygiene needs.
- Documents and organizes patient care information accurately and
thoroughly, with no more than 5% of service reports returned for
- Completes daily check list for assigned ambulances to ensure
that the ambulance is maintained in a constant state of readiness
to respond quickly to any emergency call.
- Changes cot linen and removes soiled items, dirt and trash at
the completion of each run. Notifies the appropriate personnel
immediately when required supplies and equipment are not available
for stocking the unit.
- Maintains the cleanliness and functionality of the cleaning,
sleeping and crew quarter areas on a regular basis. Performs daily
tasks necessary to keep the ambulance bay clean and safe from
hazards.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Earned Instructor status preferred.
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), PALS, and
instructor certifications preferred.
- Understands and completes professional and technical
requirements and provides necessary documentation on such
requirements.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION: H.S.
Diploma/GED EquivalentEXPERIENCE: -Less than 1 Year of
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Emerg Med Tech - Basic (EMT-B)
- Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain
valid TX DL within 90 days of hire. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , EMT Basic, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!