Certified Medical Assistant Pediatric Pulmonology
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Certified Medical Assistant 1 under the direction
of a physician, assists in the delivery of health care for
patients. This position performs a wide variety of patient care
activities including, but not limited to, maintenance of clinical
record and documentation, administering medications, giving
injections, and taking vital signs.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of a physician.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Cleans
rooms after procedures, cleans and disinfects equipment, restocks
- Assists and accompanies patients from waiting room and prepares
patients for examination.
- Interviews patients and records or inputs information to
patients' medical record. Collects all medical data in order to
facilitate the physician's ability to draw conclusions about the
patient's needs. Ensure all charts and forms for the office visit
are ready for the provider.
- Measures, collects and records patient's vital signs (i.e.,
pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and
prepares patients for examinations and tests, procedures and
- Performs routine patient testing, acquires and processes
electrocardiograms, and collects and processes blood specimens and
- Prepares and administers routine oral, rectal, medications,
injections and vaccinations excluding controlled substances, as
directed by Physician. Identifies and reports adverse
- Removes sutures and staples and change sterile and non-sterile
dressings, as requested.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS -
- Medical assistant certification from a program accredited by
American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical
- Knowledge of principles of safe and accurate medical
- Knowledge of the 5 rights: right patient, right medication,
right dose, right route, right time.
- Ability to accurately document patient information in
accordance with organizational policies, regulations and
procedures. Familiarity with HIPPA regulations.
- Ability to make observations of the general physical condition
of the patient and notifies the nurse/healthcare provider of
- Ability to give injections and draw blood.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at
ease. Appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to
- Ability to take instruction from a doctor.
- Familiarity with medical charts and records.
- High attention to detail.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits
package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- -EXPERIENCE: - -Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: -
- - - - - - - -Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30
days of hire or transfer.
- - - - - - - -Cert Medical Assistant (CMA): Must be CMA from one
- Nat Cert Med Asst (NCMA) from NCCT
- Cert Med Asst (CMA) from AAMA or ARMA
- Cert Cln Med Asst (CCMA) from NHA
- Reg Med Asst (RMA) from AMT, AAMP or AAH
- Nat Reg Cert Med Asst (NRCMA) from NAHP
- Cln Med Asst Cert (CMAC) from AMCA. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Certified Medical Assistant Pediatric Pulmonology, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!