Medical Technologist (MT)
Company: Sanford Federal
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford,
VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small
Business that provides federal professional services, primarily
engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber
security, management systems support, as well as business and
infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers
of technology solutions to the United States government. Our
mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information
technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve,
and protect the American people.
Job Title: Medical Technologist (MT).
Based at: Temple, TX.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for an experienced,
qualified and capable Medical Technologist (MT) who will be
performing a variety of clinical laboratory testing under the
direction of the Chief Technologist, Pathology and Laboratory
Medicine Service (P&LMS).
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical
Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or other Biological
- Technologist must have Medical Technologist generalist
certification from a nationally recognized accrediting agency
(ASCP, NCA, AMT etc.)
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of laboratory quality
control, quality assurance procedures, and principles of
performance improvement providing for sound independent work.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of professional Medical
Technology principles, practices, concepts, and theories providing
- Shall have recent (within 12 months) experience or proof of
competency in Clinical Chemistry and/or Clinical Hematology.
- Shall have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Clinical
Chemistry and/or Clinical Hematology.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) experience is preferred.
Experience on the following analyzers is preferred:
- Sysmex XN3100 Hematology Analyzer & Slide Maker Stainer
- Sysmex Cellavision Digital Imaging
- Diagnostica STA-R Max Coagulation Analyzer
- Beckman Iris Velocity & IQ Select Urinalysis Analyzer
- Beckman Coulter AU5800 Chemistry Analyzer
- Beckman Coulter DxI800 Immunoassay Analyzer
- Beckman Coulter Power Express Automation Line
- Abbott Architect i2000
- Contractor personnel must be American Society of Clinical
Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) certified
as a Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Shall possess basic proficiency in spoken and written
- Tasks: The candidate will be responsible for a variety of
common tasks including :
- Will perform a broad range of laboratory procedures, including
advanced and complex laboratory procedures. Must be able to
recognize deviation from expected results and use scientific
principles to analyze and correct problems.
- Evaluate and solve problems related to collection and
processing of biological specimens for analysis accounting for
physiologic processes and requirements.
- Maintain and document the optimal functioning of laboratory
equipment. Use, calibrate, and identify malfunctions; repair and
perform preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues with laboratory instruments and resolve
problems. Diagnose deviations in test performance due to instrument
- Perform and document quality control and quality assurance
activities and corrective actions related to test performance using
statistical principles and theories of performance
- Identify discrepancies, solve problems and present
- Answer inquiries regarding test results, methodology, test
specificity, test sensitivity, and specific factors which influence
test results. Interpret results and suggest follow-up test
selection or procedures.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving
our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions
for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our
nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence
communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our
soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to
highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all
qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sanford Federal, Temple , Medical Technologist (MT), Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!