LTACH NPD Specialist Charge RN
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 11, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Nursing Professional Development
Specialist/Charge develops the tools, theories, skills and
knowledge to advance the practice of the Nursing Professional
Development (NDP) specialty. Using expertise in education and
professional development practices, the NPD Specialist functions
autonomously and in collaboration with staff, leadership, faculty
and researchers to develop, implement and evaluate professional
development programs that influence professional role competence,
continuous learning and growth. The Specialist promotes synergistic
practices and patient outcomes throughout the organization, and
advances and leads the NPD practice based on the system's
Professional Practice Model and in accordance with Association
Nursing Professional Development Scope and Standards of
Professional Nursing Development Practice.As Charge Nurse, is
responsible for supervision of all nursing and unit-based personnel
on a designated shift, the provision of a safe and caring
environment, and providing quality patient care and management of
all patients and nursing staff. In the capacity of Charge Nurse,
works in the best interests of BSWH and accepts increased
responsibility to support and carry out BSWH's mission and goals.
The Charge Nurse holds nurses accountable for providing appropriate
care including, where appropriate, taking disciplinary or other
corrective action with support from the designated
manager.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Implements and evaluates professional development programs
based on the Association for Nursing Professional Development
(ANPD) Professional Practice Model in order to facilitate
professional role competence, continuous learning and growth.
- Determines the learning needs of individuals, service lines,
and organizations through a systematic approach by analyzing issues
and supporting data and forecasting trends. Based in this analysis,
validates, prioritizes and documents evidence of professional
practice gaps and outcomes in a manner that facilitates the
educational planning process.
- Collaborates on the implementation of the educational plan,
using strategies to facilitate positive learning and practice
environments in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Uses relevant evidence, theory, research, innovative processes
and practical experience to design, implement and evaluate high
quality and culturally sensitive,and frequently complex educational
activities, programs, and/or projects for staff based on identified
knowledge and practice gaps. Engages stakeholders in planning and
implementation of learning activities.
- Selects education content, materials, and techniques that can
appeal to a diverse target audience in a positive learning
environment. Facilitates and supports relationships with Community
- Integrates ethics in all areas of practice, including
monitoring the integrity of educational activities and guiding
peers through resolution of ethical conflicts. Protects the
autonomy, dignity, and rights of all individuals involved in the
learning process. Reports behaviors that are illegal, unethical or
inconsistent with practice standards.
- Serves as an influential leader in interprofessional learning,
professional growth, and practice change throughout the
- Acts as a champion of scientific inquiry, integrating best
available evidence into practice. Supports, facilitates, and/or
participates in research, (Enterprise Resource Planning) EBP, and
(Quality Improvement) QI, including dissemination of findings
through educational programs, courses and other activities.
- Directs, coordinates and participates in the activities
required for delivery of quality patient care as part of the
- Acts as a Charge Nurse as required, providing for continuity of
care in accordance with established procedures, making appropriate
assignments, and ensuring proper coverage of personnel.KEY SUCCESS
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care
standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and
guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and
department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures
governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of
- Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and
patient privacy rights.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of teaching methods.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
- Teach, coach and mentor others in program planning and
development.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Masters'
- MAJOR - Nursing
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Nurse Executive - BC (NE-BC), Nrs Exec Advanced Cert (NEA-BC),
Nursing Prof Dev BC (NPD-BC): Must have one of the following within
two years of hire/Transfer:
- NE-BC,NEA-BC, or NPD-BC.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , LTACH NPD Specialist Charge RN, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!