Pharmacy Technician 3
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Pharmacy Technician 3 leads in the technical aspects of the
distribution of medications and related functions, with the ability
to perform tasks independently and to maintain a specialized area
of responsibility while aiding in the delivery of pharmaceutical
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Performs the duties of a lead pharmacy technician; mastery of all
pharmacy technicain duties and cross training new hires.
* Maintains a specialized area of responsibility while aiding in
the delivery of care in areas such as Purchasing, Receiving,
Auditing, Sterile and nonsterile compounding, Billing, Informatics,
Medication Reconciliation, Licensing, Contracting, and
* Supports BSWQA clinical pharmacists by performing medication
reconciliation and formulary research for pharmacists. Also
supports BSWQA Comprehensive Care Management Team (CCM team-
Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Community Health Workers, and
Health Care Coordinators) by fielding medication questions,
escalating all clinical questions to the pharmacists, attending CCM
huddles and providing medication education topics for presentation
by pharmacists or residents.
* Performs advanced inventory management (i.e. ADM optimization,
ADM build and rebuild).
* Participates in education for pharmacy residents/students.
* Completes prior authorizations (PA) for HTPN clinics (e.g.
Hepatitis C medications, rifaximin, and PSCK9 inhibitors).
* Completes renewal PAs for Specialty Pharmacy Fulfillment Service
(SPFS) clinics, benefits verifications, obtaining financial
assistance through manufacturer coupons, foundations and patient
assistance programs, and medication adherence calls.
* Assists in coordination and development of medication related
focus measure outreach workflows and acts as contracted payers'
contact person with respect to focus measures. Reports outreach
results back to payers and department leaders.
* Enhances performance on Medication Adherence Measures through
patient engagement and education.
* Coordinates the Drug Recall Process. Assists with special
projects (workflows, training, events).
* Filters/distributes at-risk lists from payers to appropriate
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Expert understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities, terminology,
pharmaceutical calculations, drug use and aseptic techniques,
standards, and equipment.
* Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and
dispensing of prescription medications.
* Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
* Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
* Ability to follow established safety, infection control,
environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all
* Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients and staff.
* General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and email
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
* EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
* Pharmacy Technician (PHT), Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT): Must have
one of the following through the TX Board of Pharmacy:
* Pharmacy Tech (PHT)
* Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT) Must also maintain PTCB/NHA
certification OR possess associated skillset.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Pharmacy Technician 3, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!