Community Health Worker 1 (CHW License required)
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Community Health Worker 1 delivers community health services in
the areas of needs assessments, referral services, client
education, documentation and diversity education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assists clients in gaining access to needed services and
increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency while also
learning how to best utilize available tools and services (e.g.,
outreach, patient navigation and follow-up, community health
education and information, informal counseling, etc.) in order to
effectively serve our clients. Assists with referrals and linkage
to follow-up services within the community and within the
- Assists with needs assessments and the development of patient
- Conducts culturally appropriate skills building self-management
education sessions on different topics for groups and individuals.
Builds understanding of the ethnicity, language, socio-economic
status and life experiences of the community served.
- Learns and assists in teaching basic concepts of health
promotion, disease prevention, and self-management.
- Obtains basic vital signs, measures height and weight, conducts
point of care testing.
- Administers evaluation tools to assess program
- Assists in documenting plans, goals, education and follow-up in
a timely manner, utilizing agreed upon documentation standards.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of the community to be served.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage relationship
building with a diverse group.
- Requires the capacity building and advocacy skills.
- Teaching skills preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Skilled in the use of computers and related software
- Ability to administer evaluation tools to assess program
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, develop patient plans,
conduct and navigate patient to appropriate interventions.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- - - - - - -Community Health Worker (CHW): CHW license by the Sate
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Community Health Worker 1 (CHW License required), Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!