Gastroenterology Tech Endoscopy Temple
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: July 28, 2022
The Gastroenterology Technician 1, under general supervision of a
Registered Nurse, assists with technical procedures, patient care
services and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Operates and maintains equipment safely and in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Assists physician and other designated clinical staff members
in carrying out procedures which require aseptic techniques
observing standard precautions.
- Safely transports cart to different areas of facility as
needed; prepares patient for exam or procedure and assists
- Observes patients, recognizes changes in condition and promptly
seeks appropriate assistance.
- Cleans room before and after procedures, takes soiled equipment
to decontamination room.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of equipment and supplies for
assigned area and places general and special supply order from
purchasing in a timely manner.
- Sets up procedure room by ensuring that all needed equipment
and supplies are in the room and in good working order.
- Restocks all supplies in assigned rooms at the end of
- Performs quality checks on equipment and ensures repairs, if
necessary, and cleans and disinfects specialty equipment according
to established policies and procedures.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English
- Ability to see and hear with or without correction.
- Takes personal responsibility to participate in performance
improvement activities as they are available.
- Attends 100% of in-service education, as job required.
- Attends 50% of staff meetings, if unable to attend employee is
responsible for content.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- - EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- - EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Gastroenterology Tech Endoscopy Temple, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!