Behavioral Health - Member Navigator (Non-Clinical)
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Seeking individual with great communication skills, knowledge of
outpatient/inpatient appointment processes, telephone etiquette and
ability to work hand-in-hand with clinics, members and outside
entities when necessary.
The Behavioral Health Member Navigator works directly with members
who have chronic health issues, gaps in care, or are difficult to
engage; guides these members through the health care system and
works to overcome non-clinical obstacles that prevent them from
receiving the care and treatment they require. Works closely with
teams across multiple departments, provider offices, and community
resources to foster timely delivery of quality, accessible health
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Reaches out to and engages members telephonically and other
appropriate methods. Establishes a trusting relationship with
members, and works with the members to assess the barriers that are
preventing them from receiving the care and treatment they require.
Serves as member advocate and facilitator in overcoming identified
barriers to care. Creates connections between members, health care
providers, community resources and case management staff, as
- Conducts behavioral health member screenings and refers to case
management if clinical needs are identified.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of member contact,
referrals and outcomes. Verifies and updates member demographic
- Performs quality assurance reviews and trend analysis;
initiates process corrections and training requirements, and sets
goals for improvements.
- Conducts behavioral health assessments of the navigation
program; identifies weaknesses and works across health plan
departments to create and deploy strategies to improve program
- Builds partnerships with teams across multiple departments,
provider offices and mental health community resources to foster
timely delivery of quality, accessible health care
- Continuously expands knowledge and understanding of health plan
services and benefits, provider network, and community
- Develops scripts, process flows, etc. for member outreach.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Experience as a community health advocate and/or
- Previous experience working in managed care
- Previous expereince with behavioral health and substance use
- Naturally attuned to the people and community being
- Knowledgeable about the environment, healthcare system and
- Skilled in developing and maintaining effective relationships
with providers, administrative and professional staff within the
health plan and across the system to foster timely delivery of
quality, accessible health care services.
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Moderate to advanced proficiency working independently in
multiple technological platforms and EMR systems
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in data collection, analysis and report
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, in a fast
paced environment with clear focus on program priorities.
- Able to exercise initiative, judgment, problem solving and
decision making skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Behavioral Health - Member Navigator (Non-Clinical), Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!