Radiation Therapist - $36-52 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Radiation Therapist for
a job in Temple, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Radiation Therapist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours
- Employment Type: Permanent
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Packages with this role!--
Temple, is a vibrant clinic with new, state-of-the-art technology.
Two Truebeams, which can treat patients interchangeably if needed.
There are many opportunities for cross-training and continued
learning in our academic environment, in which we also teach
radiation therapy students. Our staff have great collaborative
relationships with one another; everyone is always willing to help
you out whenever needed.--Build relationships and work with other
departments in the hospital. Although we are a busy clinic, we
offer a great work-life balance with our M-F, 8:00-5:00 clinic
hours. Paid weekend/holiday on-call schedule.--
The Radiation Therapist, under the general supervision of a
Radiation Oncologist, performs radiation therapy procedures on
ambulatory and hospital patients as requested by a physician or
other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in
accordance with established protocols.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high-quality radiation therapy procedures, according
to exam protocol, in a timely manner.
- Maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by
following established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to identify
patient service requirements, ensure the correct exam is performed
on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
- Instructs and communicates with patients and their families
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate the exam.
- Prepares patient and area for the procedure by positioning
patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into
specified position, and adjusting equipment controls to set
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols, and techniques.
- Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing
invasive multimodality procedures and maintains hand hygiene
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal
operational capabilities of the equipment. Reports issues to
management or the appropriate department.
- Assists in maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures people are safe to enter the department by screening
them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies, and maintains all relevant documentation
such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status, and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies, procedures,
- Maintains medical imaging records in the appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high-quality radiation therapy procedures
according to exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies, and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks alone without the need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use the emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores, and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education, and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult,
- Able to serve as a preceptor by providing quality training to
new team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take calls, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Excellent Relocation Assistance Packages
Note: Benefits may vary based on position type and/or
levelQUALIFICATIONS- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program-
EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience-
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - --------------ARRT-T Radiation
Therapy (ARRT-T): Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists in Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T).--------------Basic
Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
transfer.--------------Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by
the State of Texas Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic
Technologist (MRT).Recruiter: Della BurchBaylor Scott and White Job
ID #23004714. Posted job title: Radiation TherapistAbout Baylor
Scott & White HealthBaylor Scott & White Health is the largest
not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Radiation Therapist - $36-52 per hour, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...