Radiation Therapist - $36-52 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Radiation Therapist for
a job in Temple, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Radiation Therapist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 9 hours, days
- Employment Type: Permanent
HIRING IMMEDIATELY: 10,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Specialty/Setting: Radiation Oncology
Detailed Shift Schedule: 8-5 M-F
Location: Temple Cancer Center
The Radiation Therapist, under the general supervision of a
Radiation Oncologist, performs radiation therapy procedures on
ambulatory and hospital patients as requested by a physician or
other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in
accordance with established protocols.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high-quality radiation therapy procedures, according
to exam protocol, in a timely manner.
- Maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by
following established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to identify
patient service requirements, ensure the correct exam is performed
on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
- Instructs and communicates with patients and their families
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate the exam.
- Prepares patient and area for the procedure by positioning
patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into
specified position, and adjusting equipment controls to set
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols, and techniques.
- Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing
invasive multimodality procedures and maintains hand hygiene
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal
operational capabilities of the equipment. Reports issues to
management or the appropriate department.
- Assists in maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures people are safe to enter the department by screening
them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies, and maintains all relevant documentation
such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status, and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies, procedures,
- Maintains medical imaging records in the appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high-quality radiation therapy procedures
according to exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies, and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks alone without the need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use the emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores, and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education, and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult,
- Able to serve as a preceptor by providing quality training to
new team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take calls, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based on position type and/or
levelQUALIFICATIONS- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program-
EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience-
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - --------------ARRT-T Radiation
Therapy (ARRT-T): Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists in Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T).--------------Basic
Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
transfer.--------------Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by
the State of Texas Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic
Technologist (MRT).Recruiter: Della BurchBaylor Scott and White Job
ID #23002492. Posted job title: Radiation TherapistAbout Baylor
Scott & White HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in
the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and
well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It
is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and
affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes
the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research
Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its
leading digital health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals
and more than 1,100 access points, including flagship academic
medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers
the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty
care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a
century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Radiation Therapist - $36-52 per hour, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...