Physician Assistant- Otolaryngology
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health has an opening for a Physician
Assistant to join our Otolaryngology Team in Temple, Texas.Our
facilities have national and regional recognition by U.S. News &
World Report - a reflection of our talent and commitment to
advanced quality care that is safe and compassionate.We are looking
for a committed team player with a favorable work/ training
history. The ideal candidate should be focused on quality, and be
able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians, agencies
and other professionals to provide optimum patient care within our
award-winning integrated health care system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assesses the physical and mental condition of patients by
performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical
examinations and medical histories.
- Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and
other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care
- Prescribes, recommends and/or employs medical drug therapies or
other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures or
performs indicated procedures in accordance with approved policies
with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost. Recommends
interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient
treatment plans based on patient assessments, evidence-based
medicine, standards of care, professional practice guidelines and
in collaboration with physicians and other interdisciplinary team
members when appropriate. Evaluates patient's response to health
care provided and the effectiveness of care.
- Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes,
management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition,
and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and
possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as
food supplements, over the counter medications and herbal
- Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient's treatment
plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when
the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
- Provides consultation level services for conditions/problems
related to the Provider's specialty, level of experience and
- Manages patients in a healthcare setting(s) other than primary
clinic setting (e.g., inpatient, emergency services).
- Performs invasive procedures specific to scope of practice and
provider's level of competency as delegated by supervising
- Performs follow-up with patient both pre- and post-operatively,
and may also round on patients in the hospital or see patients in
the Emergency Department.
- May be required to perform patient care duties beyond regular
schedule based on coverage needs of the department.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of information and techniques needed to diagnose and
treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include
symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions,
and preventive health-care measures
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis,
treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive outcomes-based
patient treatment plans
- Ability to counsel patients concerning medical and
psychological/psychiatric conditions, treatment plans, and behavior
- Ability to interpret and evaluate laboratory and other
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the
state of Texas
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire or
- Current certification by the National Commission on
Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA)SCHEDULE- M-F 8-5
(possible some rotating Saturdays 8-12) Outpatiebt Only. Rotation
to McLanes's Children's Clinic (possibly).
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
Physician Assistants (PA)
Basic Life Support (BLS): Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days
of hire or transfer.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Physician Assistant- Otolaryngology, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...