Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Company: Care Options For Kids
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Position Summary:The position of Speech Language Pathologist
provides therapeutic techniques forthe rehabilitation of patients
with speech, language, hearing, oral motor, swallowing and
cognitivedisorders. Provides coordinated care to patients of all
age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluatespatient care to restore
or maintain patient wellbeing. Collaborates with interdisciplinary
team.**Bilingual Preferred but not Required**About Us:Care Options
for Kids is a pediatric home health agency. We provide speech
therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy services to
childrenfrom birth to agetwenty-one in the child's home, private
school, or daycare setting. Working with the patient, the family,
and the physician, we design each child's plan of care to meet the
individual needs of the child. We are committed to providing
outstandingcare for the children and families we
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life, LTD & STD
- Supplemental Insurances
- PTO accrual
- Annual CEU Allowance
- Quarterly Compliance Bonus Incentive based on treatment
- Referral program
- Professional development assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Electronic EMREssential Job Functions include but are not
- Perform clinical assessment; identify patient needs and
appropriateness of patient.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress
notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an
- Analyze patient needs and administer care as ordered by
- Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in
the performance of patient carethat is consistent with the
patient's needs and desires.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions in
coordinating/performing patient careactivities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients.
- Provides appropriate plan, treatment and evaluation for speech,
language, cognitive andswallowing disorders with appropriate test
- Maintain pertinent records of specific test performed and
- Educate patient/family concerning patient deficits, ways to
facilitate communication andappropriate discharge plans through
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication
skills; facilitates the use of these skillsby other team members to
achieve desirable outcomes.
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payors, througheducation, coaching and other assistance
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care.Experience/Requirements:
- Pediatric focus and home health experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability
to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and
- Knowledge of therapy skills as defined as generally accepted
standards of practice.
- Excellent communication verbal and written, and interpersonal
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and current
auto liability insurance.EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited
college or university
- Current Texas State License in Speech Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from American
Speech-Language AssociationPhysical and Sensory Essential
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling,
pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient
to operate a keyboard, telephone, and other equipment.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family
individualized psychosocial needs.Working Conditions:
- This job operates in an office, clinic and/or patients' home
with various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious
diseases with varying exposure to noise.
- Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather.Machines, Tools, Equipment
and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and
EMR systemIf you are interested in learning more about joining the
Care Options family, our culture, or immediate and future
opportunities, please visit us atwww.careoptionsforkids.comThank
you in advance for considering Care Options for Kids!
Keywords: Care Options For Kids, Temple , Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!