staff - Supervisor Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Hospice
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Home Health Hospice Supervisor for a nursing job in Temple,
Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Hospice
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Staff
2 Years of Hospice experience with 1 year of management experience
The Supervisor, Nursing Hospice RN plays an integral part in
enhancing workflow and the day-to-day operations in areas of
responsibility to include employee, patient care, and physicians.
Utilizes methodical and critical thinking skills to problem solve
and address concerns from field clinical staff. Ensures all
clinical staff providing care are compliant with the Medicare
Conditions of Participation regulatory requirements related to
patient care as required by law.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides direct supervision of RN Case Managers, Certified
Nursing Assistants (PCT/CNA), Social Workers (MSW) and Hospice
Chaplains providing direct patient care to terminally ill patients
in the community.
- Coordinates all Hospice referrals with the Admission
Coordinator, Admission RN and the patient/family to ensure timely
and appropriate admissions to Hospice services.
- Conducts bi-weekly Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings with
all members of the IDT (Physician, RN, MSW, Chaplain, CNA,
Volunteer Coordinator, Bereavement Coordinator) as per regulatory
requirements to review and update patient plans of care.
- Resolves complex patient and family complaints through thorough
investigation, documentation of the concerns identified and takes
action to resolve.
- Assists Hospice Clinical Manager in performing personnel
functions with employees by conducting staff interviews, making
recommendations for hiring clinical staff, addressing immediately
unprofessional or unsafe
- conduct by employees, conducting employee evaluations and
conducting disciplinary actions with approval of the Hospice
- Conducts annual education and proficiency training in
accordance with regulatory compliance and policy, as well as all
staff meetings as required.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Demonstrates critical communication skills including
self-awareness, inquiry/dialogue, conflict management, negotiation,
advocacy and listening.
- Recognizes that resources may be limited and considers factors
related to safety, effectiveness and efficiency in planning patient
- Assists Hospice Clinical Manager in maintaining and managing
the BSWH financial controllable items in Hospice budget to be
within budget monthly (Pharmacy, Durable Medical Equipment, Medical
Supplies, mileage, payroll).
- Delegates tasks/care to appropriate interdisciplinary staff and
ensures timely follow up.
- Makes regular visits to contracted Skilled Nursing Facilities,
Assisted Living Centers and Memory Care units to represent BSWH and
make supervisory visits regarding staff performance.
- Preserves and protects the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity
and rights of the patient and family. Works on behalf of the
patient and families and represents their concerns from a Hospice
- Highly organized and able to multitask to address day to day
staffing issues and patient concerns.
- Remains current and knowledgeable on Hospice regulatory
requirements regarding patient care and employee education as per
the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
- Conducts Hospice education to community and facility members to
enhance their knowledge of the Hospice Medicare benefit.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
#featuredjob923QUALIFICATIONS- EDUCATION - Bachelor's- EXPERIENCE -
2 Years of Experience- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
--------------Basic Life Support (BLS)--------------Registered
Nurse (RN)Recruiter: Courtney MayberryBaylor Scott and White Job ID
#23012310. Posted job title: Home Hospice RN SupervisorAbout Baylor
Scott & White HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in
the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and
well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It
is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and
affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes
the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research
Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its
leading digital health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals
and more than 1,100 access points, including flagship academic
medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers
the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty
care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a
century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , staff - Supervisor Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Hospice, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!