Supervisor-House RN - House Supervisor
Company: Cedar Crest Hospital and Residential Treatment Cen
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Supervisor-House RNPURPOSE STATEMENT:
Responsible for day to day oversite of nursing operations of the
facility and ensures staffing is adequate to provide care. When
scheduled, oversees the delivery of behavioral health/nursing
services in a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude
toward customers at all times. Recognize that patient safety is a
* As needed, collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment teams,
other departments and administration to ensure that all residents'
physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs
are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to
resolve customer complaints.
* Enforce and interpret policies for the delivery of patient and
* Ensure proper staffing for each unit, keeping staff ratio,
appropriate staffing for patient care needs/acuity, covering
call-offs and vacation time.
* Ensure chart checks are completed, seclusion/restraint log is up
to date and nursing assessments are completed, as well as MAR's and
report sheets are kept accurate and up to date.
* Rounds are completed at the beginning of shift and perform random
* Assist DON to make sure all staff are oriented and competent to
perform required duties. May include coaching staff.
* Assist DON by ensuring facility compliance with professional,
regulatory and governmental standards.
* Role models expectations related to customer service and
demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of
* Ensure the effective delivery of competent, compassionate and
safe care by monitoring and evaluating patient care processes and
outcomes on the patient care units.
* Coordinate all care rendered to patients, including physician
orders and diagnostic information, and ensure consultations are
* Document medical, behavioral health information and nursing
* Administer medications and maintain records in accordance with
company policies and procedures.
* Assist in updating and revising the plan of care as
goals/objectives are met or when the patient's condition
* Prioritize tasks and delegate staff to ensure quality patient
* Leader on shift for all admissions and discharges, as well as
informing physician of changes in the patient's conditions. Adjust
* Utilize administrator-on-call for situations that require
* Provide direct care as needed.
* Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school
of nursing required. Those who have enrolled in BSN program with
graduation expected within 18 months of hire may be considered.
* Three or more years' experience in nursing practice required.
* One or more years' experience in med/surg nursing preferred.
* One or more years' experience in a behavioral health setting
* One or more years' experience in a supervisory or charge position
* Current RN license as required by state.
* CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training
available upon hire and offered by facility).
* First aid may be required based on state or facility.
Keywords: Cedar Crest Hospital and Residential Treatment Cen, Temple , Supervisor-House RN - House Supervisor, Healthcare , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!