Company: Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
Location: Harker Heights
Posted on: September 21, 2023
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of
personalized, professional and quality patient care, internal and
external customer service, performance of all Mammography
examinations, transportation of patients to and from Imaging
Services, preparation of all departmental paperwork, answering the
department's telephone, scheduling of patients, entering and
retrieving patient information from the Picture Archiving
Communication System (PACS) and Hospital Information System (HIS)
and maintaining the work area in a clean and organized manner.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintains effective communication with medical staff,
administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
- Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding
principles into its radiology practice.
- Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a
personalized, professional and quality manner.
- Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal
accrediting and licensing bodies' requirements are met.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with
the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of
- Performs quality control on equipment ascertaining compliance
with regulations. Notifies management immediately of any potential
malfunction or hazard of equipment.
- Maintains all documentation supporting the quality control
program and regulatory compliance.
- Adheres to appropriate radiation safety, practicing the concept
of As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA).
- Explains Mammography procedure to the patient and/or family
member in a thorough and professional manner.
- Performs Mammography procedures ascertaining appropriate
imaging parameters (MAS, KVP, positioning, etc.) are utilized,
providing physician with a quality diagnostic procedure.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Picture
Archiving Communication System (PACS) in a proficient manner.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital
Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
- Provides minimal nursing care to patient, ascertaining the
patient is comfortable in the department. Seeks additional nursing
or physician assistance when necessary.
- Transports patients to and from Imaging Services ascertaining
that the patient is relocated without injury or incident.
- Orders supplies for the division, ensuring that patient care is
- Prepares and maintains department paperwork, verifying accuracy
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are
compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Ascertains that patient charges are entered correctly.
- Releases patient information in accordance with policies and
procedures and accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Answers telephones in a courteous and professional manner
within three (3) rings.
- Schedules patient examinations according to departmental
- Maintains Mammography procedure rooms and work area in a clean
and organized manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an Accredited Program of Radiology Technology
- Previous employment as a Mammography Technologist preferred.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Must be licensed by the Texas Medical Board as a Medical
Radiologic Technologist (MRT)
- Must be a registered radiologic technologist by the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) for Radiography
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) for Mammography (M).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) Certification through the
American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC)
Keywords: Seton Medical Center Harker Heights, Temple , Mammography Technologist, Healthcare , Harker Heights, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!