Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Cardiac Sonographer for
a job in Temple, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Cardiac Sonographer
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 6 hours, days
- Employment Type: Staff
BSW Medical Center - Temple
Sign-On Bonus: $10,000 (external applicants only)
Shift: 4-10s with rotating call
Required: In-Patient and Out-Patient
The Cardiac Sonographer 1 performs basic to intermediate cardiac
ultrasound services and procedures for adult patients such as
transthoracic, transesophageal and stress, used to diagnose and
assess cardiac abnormalities. General duties include preparing
equipment, prepping patients and explaining procedures, reviewing
the images, report findings, examining patient clinical history in
order to identify the purpose of the examination, framing the
clinical question that the examination is intended to answer, and
expanding the examination as necessary to answer the clinical
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs basic to advanced cardiac ultrasound procedures
utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques, and makes the
necessary measurements required for the interpretation to obtain
accurate, high quality results.
- Identifies and defines cardiac abnormalities and extends the
scope of the examination appropriately, deviating from standard
techniques when necessary and correlating invasive and noninvasive
cardiac diagnostic test results with cardiac anatomy and
- May assist physicians in the procedure rooms and operating
rooms by performing echocardiograph studies to aid them in
proceeding with complex procedures to decrease risk
- Assists in performing transesophageal studies with
cardiologist, calculating appropriate measurements and sterilizes
- Prepare patients for procedures and obtains clinical history
from the patient including cardiac related physical findings and
pertinent laboratory data in order to adjust the imaging techniques
to obtain comprehensive and diagnostic echocardiograms to alleviate
the probability of erroneous clinical interpretation of the
- Records statistics and performs daily maintenance of the
Echocardiography Lab and its equipment, reporting all malfunctions
- Acts as a resource to other staff, physicians and students
regarding equipment, techniques, procedures and studies to optimize
- Works closely with cardiac sonographer quality coordinator to
ensure quality processes and protocols are adhered to, and assists
with IAC accreditation activities as delegated.
- Implements protocols as new technology evolves, and ensures
system echocardiography standards are implemented and adhered
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge and ability to apply complex sonographic principles,
instrumentation and techniques.
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- Ability explaining the purpose of the echocardiographic
examination to the patient and answering patients'
- Knowledge of approved clinical protocols for each type of
cardiovascular ultrasound examinations.
- Knowledge of proper infection control, including precautionary
procedures. Knowledge of relevant laws regarding patient
confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing, with healthcare providers, including other
sonographers, physicians, and nurses.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skilled utilization of computers and medical equipment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
- EDUCATION - Grad of Accred Prog or Eqival
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Reg Diag Cardiac
Sonographer (RDCS): Must have one of the following within 6 months
- RDCS through ARDMS or RCS through CCI.
Recruiter: Anna CrawshawBaylor Scott and White Job ID #23005481.
Posted job title: Cardiac Sonographer 1About Baylor Scott & White
HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of
Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of
every individual, family and community it serves. It is committed
to making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable
through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor
Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute,
the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital
health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than
1,100 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in
Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum
of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a
Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott
& White today serves more than three million Texans.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Cardiac Sonographer, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!