Children's Transport Respiratory Therapist FT NIGHTS-18013278
Company: Baylor Scott White Health
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Children's Transport Respiratory Therapist FT NIGHTS
The Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport provides patient care in a mobile environment to high risk patients and their families being transported. The Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport acts as a resource hospital wide for patient care standards. As a recognized resource, the Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport assists in establishing and maintaining a high quality standard of care for the neonatal and pediatric transport population. The Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport is responsible for organizing, implementing, and coordinating patient care as directed by the Physician for the purpose of stabilization of the transfer to a tertiary or Special Care Center. The Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport responsible for participating in the care of NICU, ED and PICU patients and in the direction and guidance of other RT and nursing staff members.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Performs and directs the administration of respiratory care services (including but not limited to oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, inhaled medication, airway clearance, intubation, invasive and non-invasive ventilation and bedside spirometery), as ordered by a patient's attending physician, in a quality manner that is in accordance with established procedures. Administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation in emergency situations.
2. Reviews physician's orders, analyzes patient's diagnostic test results and provides appropriate therapy based on the patients current clinical condition. If appropriate, implements approved protocols as directed by physician.
3. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of departmental operations, policies, procedures, products, programs relating to the transport environment and patient population.
4. Demonstrates analytical skills necessary to resolve complex patient problems in a mobile environment, develop standards of care and procedures, and evaluate the quality of respiratory care.
5. Documents all treatments and therapies given, any supplies used, and accurately files all corresponding charges. Reports outcomes of therapeutic interventions and makes recommendations as appropriate.
6. Adheres to established policies within the BSWH system including but not limited to: infection control and isolation policies, HIPPA, time and attendance, and social media.
7. Works willingly and professionally with other employees, healthcare professionals, and students.
8. In the Fixed Wing/Rotor Wing/Ambulance, must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds, push/pull up to 40 pounds occasionally, reach overhead moderately, climb moderately, squat/bend/kneel occasionally, sit/stand moderately, walk/move about frequently, tolerate tight quarters, small spaces and sit in a confined space.
9. Maintains current state of physical and mental wellbeing, standard aircraft seat belts will fit without alterations, able to function in the cabin of an aircraft without physical restrictions, meets weight requirements of less than 215lbs.
10. Maintain knowledge of current RT practice and current healthcare information. Fulfills and maintains continuing education requirements as deemed by the State of Texas Health and Human Services.
The ideal candidate has an advanced understanding of Respiratory Care modalities, therapies and medications; must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as appropriate; has a general knowledge of computers including but not limited to: typing, electronic documentation, hand held scanner and email.
-- Location/Facility - Temple, TX - McLane's Children's
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
-- Specialty/Department/Practice - Respiratory - Transport
-- Shift/Schedule - FT NIGHTS
-- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
-- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
-- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
-- Tuition Reimbursement
-- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
-- Associate's Degree or Graduate from an Accredited Program
-- 3+ years experience
-- Basic Life Support (BLS)
-- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
-- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
-- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification
-- Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
-- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care
Childrens - 1st floor (10822)
1901 SW H K Dodgen Loop
RespiratoryHealth - Hospital
Keywords: Baylor Scott White Health, Temple , Children's Transport Respiratory Therapist FT NIGHTS-18013278, Healthcare , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!