Director of Culinary Services
Company: Morada Temple
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Morada Senior Living proudly operates more than 20, care- and
lifestyle-focused communities in the Southwestern United States.
With a core concentration throughout Texas, and emerging presence
in New Mexico, Arkansas and Oklahoma, Morada communities together
account for more than 2,000 units and offer a full spectrum of
senior living and care options, including Active Independent
Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and
available, short-term Respite Care. -Morada Senior Living is
looking for a Director of Culinary Services - Fine Dining to join
our community Morada Temple. -
About the Opportunity: -
Does working for the leader in the Senior Housing industry sound
like the professional challenge you are seeking? Morada Senior
Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career
advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for
their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals
with boundless creativity. Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements food services policies and procedures.
Plans menus and menu cycles according to cultural and regional food
preferences, and resident dietary guidelines. Adjusts recipes to
- Monitors the quality and consistency of the food to include
food temperatures, portion control, palatability and attractiveness
of food, and implements changes to ensure quality according to
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and
garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing
and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes.
- Orders food and chemical supplies for the kitchen; receives and
validates all food deliveries against order form.
- Inventories food items monthly.
- Conducts regular Quality Assurance Audits.
- Practices safe and sanitary food handling.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Selects, schedules, and conducts orientation and in-service
educational programs for personnel.
- Monitors monthly expenditures to include explanation of
significant variances to ensure compliance with budget. - - - - - -
- - -
- Bachelor's degree in culinary arts program preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a food service
- Must have successfully completed food safety training.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced
- Proficient organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and
others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Benefits:
-In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Morada
offers a comprehensive benefits package. - - Eligible team members
are offered a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off, and
paid holidays. - Team members are eligible to participate in our
outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance
Program and accident insurance policies. Thank you for your
interest in Morada Senior Living careers. - If you have any
questions about the position you are applying for, please contact
the community directly. - EOE D/V
Keywords: Morada Temple, Temple , Director of Culinary Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!