Advanced Field Service Engineer CT/MR
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Advanced Field Service Engineer I (CT/MR)
repairs, maintains, tests, and calibrates basic diagnostic imaging
equipment/systems to ensure its safe and proper operation. These
basic systems include; -computed tomography and magnetic resonance
imaging. The Field Service Engineer maximizes patient safety by
supporting the proper use, application and operational performance
of patient care equipment. -The ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -of the
Advanced Field Service Engineer I include the following:
- Provide PM and repair services for our CT and MRI devices in
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) according to
hospital policies, procedures and industry-recognized standards,
using specialized test equipment, tools, and simulation
- Maintain services, troubleshoots and calibrates a variety of
basic diagnostic imaging systems by using manufacturer service
manuals, schematic diagrams, and vendor expertise; order repair
parts and identifies the most prudent means of repairs based on
clinical need and cost.
- Communicate effectively with customer(s) using various
communication tools to keep clinical staff and appropriate clinical
management informed as to the status of repairs.
- Document all service events, performance tests and corrective
maintenance according to department policy, using computerized
maintenance management software applications and other standard
office software applications.
- Assist with assigned projects related to the installation,
relocation, and disposal of medical imaging equipment/systems.
- Participate in and assist with development of departmental and
hospital-based continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Able to repair, maintain, test, and calibrate basic diagnostic
imaging equipment/systems to ensure safe and proper operation.
- Able to routinely travel to other Baylor, Scott & White
facilities to assist with scheduled and unscheduled service
- Able to effectively communicate with and interact with
customers, providers and team members.
- Able to participate in on-call rotation.
- Able to effectively self-manage time and assigned
- Must have the physical ability to lift and move material
weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Knowledge of computer systems and networking.The ideal
candidate for this role must be able to routinely travel to other
Baylor, Scott & White facilities to assist with scheduled and
unscheduled service activities, is able to effectively self-manage
time and assigned projects and is able to effectively communicate
with and interact with customers, providers and team members is
essential for the role. -Location/Facility: Baylor Scott & White
Medical Center - Temple -Specialty/Department/Practice: HTM
Imaging, Biomed - -BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1*Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION - Associates
Degree -or equivalent experienceEXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years
experience working with CT and MRI
-requiredCERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Drivers License
(TXDL): Must have a Texas driver's license or obtain within 90 days
of hire. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Advanced Field Service Engineer CT/MR, IT / Software / Systems , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!