Posted on: June 3, 2019
What you'll be doing... The position provides investigative
expertise for Global Corporate Security Operations (GCSO) by
conducting and managing complex and high-profile investigations of
security threats, data and customer compromises and
telecommunications fraud activities affecting customers and the
company as a whole. The position will be independent and primarily
supporting the Northeast market of Verizon, however the candidate
will also be conducting investigations nationwide and globally. The
candidate is responsible for developing investigative plans,
gathering and evaluating facts, conducting investigative
interviews, writing investigative reports, presentations to
management and supporting GCSO mandates. The role calls for
extensive interface with law enforcement and prosecutorial
- Conduct and take lead on domestic and global investigations
surrounding major communications fraud trends which can involve
organized crime rings that target Verizon and its customers.
- Investigative techniques include, but is not limited to,
gathering raw data and evidence, applying conditions, performing
analysis, rationalizing results, drawing conclusions, making
recommendations, and preparing comprehensive and level-appropriate
reports. Investigative reports are summarized for Management and
law enforcement referral. Participation in investigative interviews
is also required.
- Support the Market President and various Consumer and Business
channels by implementing initiatives aimed at preventing,
detecting, investigating and mitigating fraudulent activity that
impact operational, financial and reputational assets.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships throughout the
Northeast Market, as well as all other Markets, in order to
facilitate the Company-wide security program.
- Provide recommendations for the implementation of policies and
procedures, and creation or modification of systems in order to
prevent and/or minimize loss or liability.
- Identify, develop and recommend process improvements to the
business based on investigative findings.
- Perform other investigative and analytical duties as assigned
by Management. What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Civil and/or criminal litigation support experience.
- Knowledge of law enforcement practices involving sophisticated
investigations, prosecutions and providing testimony.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel and availability to respond to emergency
security matters on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed. Even better if
- A degree.
- Ten or more years of Legal/Investigations/Corporate Security
- Investigative case management skills with experience in record
of managing complex investigations from inception to
- Analytical, statistical reporting and research skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and
matters is essential.
- Ability to assess and respond to internal and external security
issues and customer demands.
- Capability to work independently and be a self-starter with the
ability to make decisions and the judgment to know when to seek
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with a sense of
urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and process
high volumes of work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to recognize and evaluate facts and objectively analyze
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to write concise and factual investigative
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Diplomacy in interfacing with Company personnel.
- Certifications: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified
Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Forensic Interviewer
(CFI), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) or equivalent
- Knowledge of on-line Open Source and proprietary intelligence
- Knowledge of Verizon Wireless practices or knowledge of
cellular equipment and networks.
- Experience with billing and point of sale systems.
- Bilingual (second language) skills. When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us
Keywords: Verizon, Temple , Senior Investigator, IT / Software / Systems , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!