RSA - DOT (CDL - A Driver)
Company: Ben E Keith Co
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader
in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to
consistently exceed our customers' expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state
distributor, and our Beverage Division operates throughout the
state of Texas as a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products,
craft and import beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our
customers, and our employees-continuing our commitment to
delivering quality since 1906.
The RSA - DOT will be responsible for the delivery of products
to customers, completing all required paperwork and documenting
- Perform product deliveries along assigned routes, and other
related duties to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil, and water, and request service and repairs as
- Assemble orders for timely delivery to customer businesses,
ensuring accurate delivery windows for each route stop.
- Place delivered products in various assigned storage locations
at each route stop according to customer requests.
- Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to
- Immediately communicate problems to the Transportation
Supervisor by phone.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic
- Manage multiple assignments and tasks, ensuring appropriate use
of time, equipment, and materials.
- Follow BEK transportation policies and procedures to ensure
compliance with safety guidelines.
- Comply with traffic laws and obey transportation and traffic
- Follow transportation policies, DOT regulations, food/personal
safety regulations, and company policies and procedures for
- Remain DOT compliant and aware of DOT changes in
- Ensure conformance with BEK standards for professional
appearance, conduct, and training requirements.
- Complete administrative tasks and related paperwork to
guarantee the efficiency of transportation operations.
- Review customer invoices to determine items to be moved,
gathered, distributed, and delivered.
- Report mechanical problems, delays, accidents or other traffic
situations to base location as needed.
- Turn in receipts and monies received from customer
- Maintain records, including vehicle logs, cargo and/or billing
statements in accordance with BEK policies.
- Must know and adhere to Department of Transportation (DOT) and
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- At least 1 year of route driving experience required
- DOT certification required
- Valid Texas State Class A CDL license required
- Ability to understand and enforce regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of customer service principles and quality
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn new
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting of 50 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills with multiple levels of
- Self-motivated; customer-focused
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented; prioritization; Innovative problem solver
- Active listening skills; Independent thinking/decision-making
- Commitment to Ben E. Keith company principles and
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and
beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned
business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse
communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee
benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees
and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K with matching contribution
- Profit-Sharing Plan (100% company-paid)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Employee Credit Union
We have sought to create an environment in which the
contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued.
This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it
also means considering how all our people can positively impact the
quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects
the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do
all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our
external and internal customers. We believe our differences are
also our strengths and we want to do all we can to use those
strengths to find more creative solutions for the business
challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment
opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal
- Job Family Transportation
- Job Function DOT Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Temple Shuttle Site, 7205 Pegasus Drive, Temple, Texas, United
States of America
Keywords: Ben E Keith Co, Temple , RSA - DOT (CDL - A Driver), Other , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!