Health & Community Interventionist
Company: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Health and Community
Interventionist works in healthcare and community settings to
implement health promoting interventions following standardized
protocols, including the identification of participants and
collection of data used to assess the impact of intervention
Essential Functions for the Role Include:
- Delivers evidence-based health promoting interventions according
to standardized protocols.Prepares materials for intervention
delivery based on protocols and predefined methodologies. Reviews
intervention protocols and participates in performance feedback
activities conducted by peers and supervisors to ensure continuous
process improvement and adherence to standardized protocols
- Implements health interventions that include health education
workshops, classes, and one-on-one training sessions. Coaches
consumers in self-care strategies and tasks for actively engaging
in their healthcare.
- Facilitates community-based research by building relationships
among community members, community groups, clinicians, and
researchers. Identifies mutual goals and potential barriers to
collecting data and/or delivering interventions in healthcare and
- Works with the Principal Investigator (PI) of the research and
demonstration projects to ensure efficient communication between
the PI and community partners.
- Conducts applied health
research in community settings, which includes preparing
materials/equipment needed for interventions, administering surveys
and conducting focus groups within community-based organizations,
and documenting data collection activities.
- Provides reports to the Principal Investigator on all issues
related to human subject projects and IRB issues.
- Identifies individuals and families who may benefit from
interventions. Assists with
research study and demonstration project initiation activities such
as writing protocols and pilot testing procedures.
Identifies criteria used to define the target population and
engages in multiple recruitment strategies used in the
identification and recruitment of potential research subjects and
demonstration project participants.
- Pursues orientation to the research process utilizing multiple
venues. Completes and maintains institutional and departmental
orientations and requirements, including annual update, TB skin
testing, core competencies and Collaborative IRB Training
Initiative (CITI). Drafts IRB applications that are to be approved
by the Principal Investigator.
- Location/Facility Baylor Scott & White Research
- Specialty/Department/Practice Community
- Shift/ScheduleDay Shift
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
See Min Requirements Addendum (MRALC)
Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain
valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple, Temple , Health & Community Interventionist, Other , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!