Company: Ufp Industries Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you a hard-working individual, looking for the opportunity to
carve out a successful career in an organization where the spirits
of family and hard work share equal billing? If so, the companies
of Universal may be a good place for you! We are committed to
rewarding skill, perseverance and an entrepreneurial attitude with
opportunities for growth.
Intrigued? Read on to learn more!
Assembler I is responsible for fabricating component parts or
assembling the finished product according to the customer
specifications. Works under immediate supervision; relies on
specific direction and instructions.
- Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies
required for the operation.
- Completes work area set up.
- Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed instructions
and in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates hand tools as required to complete assembly
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established
procedures, and if required, may cover, label, and band
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that
equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and
reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure they are
compliant with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality
procedures, rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED preferred but not required
- No minimum experience is required; however, 6 months of
manufacturing and assembling experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and
notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to troubleshoot nail gun machines and other similar
hand held equipment.
- Demonstrate hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department
Position will require bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
crawling, lifting/carrying over 25 lbs, pushing/pulling, twisting,
standing and walking.by Jobble
Keywords: Ufp Industries Inc., Temple , Assembler, Other , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!