Ultrasound Technologist - $33-48 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Ultrasound Technologist
for a job in Temple, Texas. Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Ultrasound Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours
- Employment Type: Permanent JOB SUMMARY The Cardiac Sonographer
1 performs basic to advanced cardiac ultrasound services and
procedures for adult patients such as transthoracic,
transesophageal and stress, used to diagnose and assess cardiac
abnormalities. General duties include preparing equipment, prepping
patients and explaining procedures, reading the images, report
findings, analyzing patient clinical history in order to identify
the purpose of the examination, framing the clinical question that
the examination is intended to answer, and expanding the
examination as necessary to answer the clinical questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs basic to advanced cardiac ultrasound procedures
utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques, and makes the
necessary measurements required for the interpretation to obtain
accurate, high quality results.
- Identifies and defines cardiac abnormalities and extends the
scope of the examination appropriately, deviating from standard
techniques when necessary and correlating invasive and noninvasive
cardiac diagnostic test results with cardiac anatomy and
- May assist physicians in the procedure rooms and operating
rooms by performing echocardiograph studies to aid them in
proceeding with complex procedures to decrease risk factors.
- Assists in performing transesophageal studies with
cardiologist, calculating appropriate measurements and sterilizes
- Prepare patients for procedures and obtains clinical history
from the patient including cardiac related physical findings and
pertinent laboratory data in order to adapt the imaging techniques
to obtain comprehensive and diagnostic echocardiograms to alleviate
the probability of erroneous clinical interpretation of the
- Records statistics and performs daily maintenance of the
Echocardiography Lab and its equipment, reporting all malfunctions
- Acts as a resource to other staff, physicians and students
regarding equipment, techniques, procedures and studies to optimize
- Works closely with cardiac sonographer quality coordinator to
ensure quality processes and protocols are adhered to, and assists
with IAC accreditation activities as delegated.
- Implements protocols as new technology evolves, and ensures
system echocardiography standards are implemented and adhered to.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Education & Experience requirements (must meet one of the
- Associates degree in Cardiac Sonography from CAAHEP accredited
- US military sonographer training program equivalent to an
Associate?s degree, or
- Two (2) years of related sonography experience.
- Within 6 months from date of hire, must attempt to be
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) granted by the
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) granted by Cardio
Credentialing International (CCI).
- Knowledge and ability to apply complex sonographic principles,
instrumentation and techniques.
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- Ability explaining the purpose of the echocardiographic
examination to the patient and answering patients' questions.
- Knowledge of approved clinical protocols for each type of
cardiovascular ultrasound examinations.
- Knowledge of proper infection control, including precautionary
procedures. Knowledge of relevant laws regarding patient
confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing, with healthcare providers, including other
sonographers, physicians, and nurses.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skilled utilization of computers and medical equipment.
BENEFITS Our competitive benefits package includes the following -
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k)
savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition
Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary
based upon position type and/or level QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience -
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Reg Diag Cardiac
Sonographer (RDCS): Reg Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer RDCS or Reg
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer RDMS by the American Registry of
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Reg Cardiac Sonographer
RCS or RVT by Cardio Credentialing Intl. (CCI) within 6 months of
hire. Recruiter: Kimberly BarnesBaylor Scott and White Job ID . Pay
package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40 hours per week (subject to
confirmation). Posted job title: Cardiac Sonographer 1 About Baylor
Scott & White Health Baylor Scott & White Health is the largest
not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas. Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Referral bonus
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple , Ultrasound Technologist - $33-48 per hour, Other , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!