Seasonal Radiologic Technologist
Company: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Shift: Seasonal 8 or 12 hour shifts (13 week assignment with
Special compensation : Additional $20/hr added to base pay
Completion Bonus Provided
Location: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple
Baylor Scott & White has been certified as a Great Place to Work .
There are many reasons to join our team of Imaging
professionals.Our magnet awarded facilities include teaching
hospitals and offer career growth.At Baylor Scott & White we value
our team members. Our thriving diverse culture promotes self-care
and work life balance. Reasons to join the most rewarded healthcare
system in Texas include: Flexible work scheduling Career
advancement/ Leadership opportunitiesRelocation
assistanceIntraoperative- dedicated OR technologistsVarious shifts
available for 8, 10 or 12 hoursEnhanced shift differential
payTuition: Fully funded bachelor s and master s degreesCompetitive
Wages and IncentivesCross training across modalitiesWork in your
preferred setting: Academic Level 1 trauma center/ Community
Hospital/ Pediatric Hospital/ Ambulatory and Specialty ClinicsOur
competitive benefits package includes the following:Immediate
eligibility for health and welfare benefits401(k) savings plan with
dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%Tuition ReimbursementPTO accrual
beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type
JOB SUMMARYThe Seasonal Radiologic Technologist PRN, under general
supervision of a Radiologist, performs radiology procedures on
ambulatory and hospital patients as requested by a physician or
other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in
accordance with established protocols.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
- Performs high quality radiology procedures, according to exam
protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of
imaging procedures by following established standards and
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques.
- Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing
invasive multimodality procedures and maintains hand hygiene
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal
operational capabilities of equipment.
- Reports issues to management or appropriate department.
- Assists in maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures people are safe to enter the department by screening
them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiology procedures according to
exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at ease.
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks autonomously without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- MAJOR - Radiologic Technology
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of
- ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the Medical State
Board of Texas as a Medical Radiologic Technologist required (MRT).
Associated topics: cardiac, cath laboratory, catheterization, ct
scan, diagnostic, mri, radiographer, radiologic, radiology, x
Keywords: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE, Temple , Seasonal Radiologic Technologist, Other , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!