Aseptic Production Supervisor
Company: Niagara Bottling
Posted on: January 9, 2021
At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part
of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest
quality most affordable bottled water.Consider applying here, if
you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a
chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.We offer
competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team
Members.Aseptic Production SupervisorThis position is responsible
for supervising daily operations of the production floor; ensuring
the shift meets the established safety, quality, and production
goals in compliance with all applicable legal and food safety
- Manages and directs activities of assigned shift, ensuring
product adheres to Niagara's standard of safety, quality, and
- Maintains effective working relationships with team members
through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote
a positive working environment that maximizes safety, employee
engagement, productivity, and throughput.
- Analyzes the production schedule prior to shift start and
adjusts team member assignments to meet production targets.
Verifies discrete jobs are correct in Oracle (including quality and
bill of material list), Warehouse Management System, and/or Line
- Responsible for team member coaching and development,
employment decisions, and resolving issues through conflict
resolution. Hires, trains, coaches and reviews performance of team
members. Partners with Human Resources and Production Manager for
recruitment, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Inspects raw materials prior to changeovers to ensure correct
inventories for production runs. Performs first pass quality checks
after changeovers to prevent non-conforming product.
- Collaborates with the Maintenance Department to resolve
downtime occurrences on the production lines.
- Completes shift reports for production numbers, downtime,
attendance, overtime and quality checks for submission to the
- Conducts walkthroughs throughout the shift to ensure safety,
quality, and housekeeping compliance by team members.
- Interfaces with multiple departments within the organization to
ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Participates in interviews with hiring managers.
- Collaborates with plant leadership and shift team members to
champion a world-class safety culture.
- Conducts weekly safety talk trainings, daily
safety/quality/production meetings, and hourly safety walks.
- Adheres to the highest standards of company and plant safety
programs, guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Abides by Niagara's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food
Safety Standards at all times. Develops, recommends, and implements
measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and
quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of shift team members.
- Monitors and reviews assigned team members time and attendance
for accuracy. Utilizes the Efficiency Improvement Tools to
understand and comment on line downtime and communicate
appropriately per the escalation plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, day or night, on a rotating
2-2-3 schedule or schedule as dictated by production demand.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities
and activities may change at any time with or without prior
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 2 Years - Experience in Field or similar manufacturing
- 2 Years - Experience in Position
- 2 Years - Experience managing people/projects *experience may
include a combination of work experience and education
- Understanding of production processes and controls
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 4 Years - Experience in Field or similar manufacturing
- 4 Years - Experience working in Position
- 4 Years - Experience managing people/projects
- experience may include a combination of work experience and
educationCompetenciesThis position embodies the values of Niagara's
LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of
- Lead Like an Owner
- Identifies safety issues and takes prompt corrective
- Coaches/corrects unsafe team behavior
- Effectively prioritizes quality, productivity, and cost
- Encourages honest feedback from direct reports, peers, and
- Uses customer feedback to improve service levels and
internal/external customer relationships
- Understands the concepts of process consistency and waste
- Modifies goals based on changing business needs
- Promotes sharing of opposing viewpoints
- Find a Way
- Anticipates problems and opportunities within functional area,
and recommends proactive solutions
- Uses technical knowledge to coach team performance and educate
- Leverages technical know-how to solve challenging problems
- Encourages and models teamwork to demonstrate behavioral
expectations for Team Members
- Builds relationships up, down, and across effectively
- Empowered to be Great
- Provides effective coaching and feedback to improve individual
and team performance
- Provides positive recognition for Team Member results
- Assigns responsibilities to maximize team strengths
- Resolves team conflicts with a calm demeanor and skill
- Effectively communicates team and individual expectations and
follows up appropriatelyEducation
- Minimum Required:
- High School Diploma
- Associate's DegreeCertification/License:
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: N/AForeign Language
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: None RequiredAny employment agency, person or entity
that submits a r--sum-- into this career site or to a hiring
manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's
r--sum-- will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara
Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its
discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment
agency, person or entity.Employment agencies that have fee
agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a
search shall submit r--sum-- to the designated Niagara Bottling,
LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit r--sum-- into this
career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Keywords: Niagara Bottling, Temple , Aseptic Production Supervisor, Professions , Temple, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!