Company: Refresco North America
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Make a Difference in YOUR Career! Our vision is both simple and
ambitious: to put our drinks on every table. We are the leading
global independent beverage solutions provider. We serve a broad
range of national and international retailers as well as Global,
National and Emerging (GNE) brands. Our products are distributed
worldwide from our production sites in Europe, North America, and
Australia. Although our own branding may not appear on the labels
of the beverages we produce, there is a good chance you are reading
this while sipping one of our drinks. Our ambition is to
continually improve and it's what keeps us at the top of our game.
We are solutions-based. We are innovative. We seek out new
challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it's
our people's too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast-moving
industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries
of what's best. Stop and think: how would YOU put our drinks on
every table? Position Description The Plant Controller position is
accountable for the overall integrity, accuracy and completeness of
financial results and safeguarding of plant assets for a
multi-line, and has significant operational and SKU complexity. The
Controller is a key member of the Operations Management team and
engages in all aspects of operations to provide timely and
comprehensive financial leadership to the Plant Management team.
This role is also responsible for developing and managing, hourly
and possibly salaried level direct reports responsible for the
day-to-day accounting, reporting and inventory control for the
operations at the respective plant. Working with the other
Manufacturing Accounting Managers, Plant Management, the North
American Business Unit Finance Team, and other Controllers. Key
- Accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Balance sheet oversight and reconciliation.
- Forecasting & budget planning.
- Capital expenditure analysis and reporting.
- Accurate cost analysis.
- Compliance with internal controls and corporate policies.
- Statutory reporting as required.
- Completion of internal and external audits.
- Support continuous operational and financial results
improvement with focus on cost savings.
- Manage and develop direct reports. Specific Accountabilities:
Financial Reporting and Controls/Compliance:
- Overall responsibility for the plant operations financial
results and delivery of accurate timely results in accordance with
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company processes/procedures
and statutory regulations. Achieves this through working closely
with the Plant Management team, Cost Accounting/Inventory
Management and Supply Chain Finance teams.
- Work with Plant Management teams to set annual standards and
production yields for financial reporting and costing
- Provide financial guidance and support to Plant Management with
proactive communication of accounting/reporting issues and
- Provide guidance/input to Management on key business decisions
that enable effective and efficient operations and delivery of cost
- Provide guidance to Plant Management in the origination of
capital expenditure requests. Prepare/review financial support for
the capex requests ensuring compliance to Refresco policy and
robust accurate projections of costs and savings generated by the
project. Perform post capital expenditure audits and reviews.
- Ensure compliance with key control procedures and corporate
policies and procedures at the local level plant management team to
ensure the overall financial integrity of the plant financial
information and safeguarding of assets.
- Weekly/monthly working capital reporting. Work with Plant
management to manage effective working capital utilization and cash
flows. Significant areas of focus being inventories and capex cash
- Maintain open communication with peers to foster a consistent
approach in the financial management of the local operating
- Provide support for external and internal audits at the
operating facilities. Complete other ad-hoc reporting requests
- Manage the weekly/monthly/quarterly flash forecast process with
the Plant Management team to deliver accurate forecasted results.
Appropriate identification of risks and opportunities.
- Lead the development of the Annual Operating Plan for plant
Business Analysis Support:
- Collaborate with the Plant Management Team to identify and
recommend process improvements that will deliver financial benefits
or mitigate financial risks. Analyze financial data to facilitate
decision making process at the plant management level. Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field plus 5-7
years of related work experience in manufacturing or industrial
environment. Food and Beverage related manufacturing a plus
- CPA, CMA or equivalent designation
- Manufacturing/costing experience
- Staff management experience Skills and Competencies:
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
- ERP System experience (SAP preferred)
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate and consistently deliver in a changing
- High level of accountability.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work
- Strives for high performance and uses technical skills
effectively with a demonstrated emphasis to detail and
- Ability to multi-task, and work in an organized, detailed
manner under limited time frames & tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems, controls and
compliance procedures and industry practices.
- Strong Business Ethics Commitment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
explain results, document processes and convey ideas.
- Financial analysis skills (identifies information needed to
prepare and validate analyses; interprets and draws conclusions
from financial information; extracts meaning from data by
recognizing trends and patterns).
- US GAAP/IFRS knowledge A Career with Refresco Refresco offers a
competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, which include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Well-being benefits
- Discount programs Join Refresco TODAY and enjoy a rewarding
CAREER! Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits a
r--sum-- to this career site or a hiring manager does so with the
understanding that the applicant's r--sum-- will become the
property of Refresco Beverages, Inc. Refresco Beverages, Inc. will
have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any
fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.
Employment agencies that have agreements with Refresco Beverages,
Inc., and have been engaged in a search shall submit r--sum-- to
the designated Refresco recruiter or, upon authorization, submit
r--sum-- to this career site to be eligible for placement
Keywords: Refresco North America, Temple , Plant Controller, Professions , Troy, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!